After U.S. president Donald Trump made a decision to pull the country out of the Paris Climate Agreement, many expected a reduction in the nation's efforts to transition to clean and sustainable energy.
"What Cheap, Clean Energy Means for Global Utilities", a report published Thursday by financial services firm Morgan Stanley, analysts confirm that renewable energy is fast becoming the cheapest option.
Quartz stated that the affordability of renewable energy is increasing across the world.
According to the report, the price of solar panels has fallen by 50% between 2016 and 2017.
Ligue 1 : L'OM aurait dit non à Eto'o
Désormais âgé de 36 ans, Eto'o a inscrit 18 buts la saison dernière dans le championnat turc avec Antalyaspor. Selon Footmercato, Marseille aurait récemment décliné la piste menant à Samuel Eto'o.
"We project that by 2020, renewables will be the cheapest form of new-power generation across the globe", said Morgan Stanley.
"Renewable power will be the cheapest new entrant in most markets, in our view, and we assess emissions rate of change profiles over near (2020) and longer (2025) time frames". For example, notwithstanding president Trump's stated intention to withdraw the USA from the Paris climate accord, we expect the U.S.to exceed the Paris commitment of a 26-28% reduction in its 2005-level carbon emissions by 2020.
But regardless of policy debate, the report suggests that the power industry will be steered by economics, to one degree or another, with those forward looking businesses faring the best.
- Vers une année record — Tourisme
- Le consulat de Tunisie dévalisé — Lyon
- Trump defends Ivanka sitting in at G20 meeting: 'Very standard'
- FP2020: 56 CSOs demand more funds to plan families
- Mark Zuckerberg futur patron de Verthongen, Alderweireld et de Dembélé ?
- Trump renews love-in with China's Xi Jinping
- Carillion CEO steps down after shares crash
- Theo Hernandez passes his medical with Real Madrid
- Union européenne : décaissement de 100 millions d'euros à la Tunisie
- Twitter : masquez (presque) toutes les notifications indésirables