The exchange was hit by a technical glitch putting a three hours halt to trading. The benchmark BSE index rose as much as 0.77 percent to a record high, surpassing its previous milestone hit on June 22.
The S&P BSE Sensex rose 1.13 percent to a record high of 31,715.
These highs are unsustainable, Mehta said.
Although the markets re-opened for trading at midday, traders were frustrated that individual stocks were not immediately updating, or had wide gaps in bid and offer prices. "Subsequently after giving notice to the market, the F&O segment was also closed", the exchange said in a release. A pricing display issue was still being addressed even after that.
Shares of top firms like ITC Ltd. displayed a huge gap between buy price and sell price.
Une intelligence artificielle crée un clip quotidien pour Muse
Chaque phrase est découpée et chaque mot est prononcé par une personnalité politique, culturelle ou sportive différente.
On BSE, 1,540 stocks advanced, while 1,112 declined and 157 remained unchanged.
The disruption frustrated traders and put a spotlight on the NSE when it is facing a regulatory probe over whether some brokers were given unfair access to its servers. The ET, citing US Labor Department, reported that total nonfarm payroll employment increased by 2.22 lakh for the month, significantly higher from the consensus figure of 1.70 lakh. Though the exchange gave regular updates on when trading would start, rumour mills were working overtime on the cause of the delay. This is lower than the average daily turnover of ₹22,105 crore in June. "We are carrying out an internal review of the technical glitch", he said.
Full-fledged trading resumed during the mid-afternoon session at around 12.30 p.m.
A technical glitch in the country's largest trading platform (NSE), which holds three disaster recovery sites to back up, demands strict and stringent actions from SEBI and it should now strive its best to develop the infrastructure of digitalisation first. But, they were stunned to see their quotes not getting processed.
- Chelsea's Diego Costa given time off
- American River Bankshares (AMRB) Analysts See $0.20 EPS, Tango Has 0.77 Sentiment
- Umbrella-sharing company loses most of its 300000 umbrellas
- Google's Cambridge office to study AI-human connections
- Rush Enterprises, Inc. (RUSHA) Receives $35.67 Average PT from Brokerages
- Cohen Klingenstein LLC Cuts Position in Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE:XOM)
- West Brom eyeing Tottenham defender Kevin Wimmer
- Muslim march against terrorism lauded - and strongly criticized
- Plane crash kills 2 in S
- Chelsea loan Ola Aina to Hull as Leonid Slutsky targets Blues youngsters