Eugene, which is about 55 miles west-southwest of the southern tip of Mexico's Baja California state as of early Monday, has maximum sustained winds of 85 mph.
Hurricane Eugene weakened Sunday night after spending the day as a strong a Category 3 storm in the Pacific Ocean off Mexico, but forecasters said it was not expected to threaten land.
The U.S. National Hurricane Center says additional weakening is expected during the next two days as Eugene moves over cooler waters and it's expected to weaken to a tropical storm by Monday night.
United Nations to Ease Colombian Rebels' Transition to Civilian Life
About 60,000 Colombians remain unaccounted for and seven million were displaced in the conflict. FARC draws its strongest support from the country's rural regions.
But the center said swells generated by Eugene were affecting parts of Mexico's Baja California and those swells would spread to parts of Southern California.
The surf will produce unsafe rip currents along the entire coastline, leading the weather service to issue a beach hazard advisory.
- Amtrak Summer Repair Work Starts Monday
- Xi urges Brics to promote open world economy, multilateralism
- So, smelling food before you eat could be making you gain weight
- Trending Stock Analysis Report: American Homes 4 Rent (NYSE:AMH)
- Earth undergoing sixth 'mass extinction' as humans spur 'biological annihilation' of wildlife
- NA Has $3167000 Position in Tallgrass Energy Partners, LP (TEP)
- Senator Rounds supports the CRP acres for haying released
- White House to Dems: Stop Obstructing Trump's Nominations
- Indian man pleads guilty to financing al-Qaeda imam Awlaki
- Pokemon The Movie: I Choose You Replaces Brock And Misty