Eugene, which is about 55 miles west-southwest of the southern tip of Mexico's Baja California state as of early Monday, has maximum sustained winds of 85 mph.
Hurricane Eugene weakened Sunday night after spending the day as a strong a Category 3 storm in the Pacific Ocean off Mexico, but forecasters said it was not expected to threaten land.
The U.S. National Hurricane Center says additional weakening is expected during the next two days as Eugene moves over cooler waters and it's expected to weaken to a tropical storm by Monday night.
White House to Dems: Stop Obstructing Trump's Nominations
But Short expressed confidence that Congress would approve the healthcare plan before lawmakers leave Washington for the August recess.
But the center said swells generated by Eugene were affecting parts of Mexico's Baja California and those swells would spread to parts of Southern California.
The surf will produce unsafe rip currents along the entire coastline, leading the weather service to issue a beach hazard advisory.
- Senator Rounds supports the CRP acres for haying released
- Finisar Corporation (FNSR) Earning Somewhat Negative Media Coverage, Analysis Finds
- NA Has $3167000 Position in Tallgrass Energy Partners, LP (TEP)
- United Nations to Ease Colombian Rebels' Transition to Civilian Life
- First Eagle Investment Management LLC Has $501.97 Million Position in ConocoPhillips (COP)
- 'Game of Thrones' star Maisie Williams blasts sexualisation of young actresses
- Motorcar Parts of America, Inc. (MPAA) VP Sells $136657.18 in Stock
- Indian man pleads guilty to financing al-Qaeda imam Awlaki
- Coupe de la CAF : le TP Mazembe qualifié en quart !
- Pokemon The Movie: I Choose You Replaces Brock And Misty