The Red Bull driver stormed into the elite club of race winners when he won the 2016 Spanish Grand Prix to become the youngest race victor in F1 history at just 18.
"I damaged my auto today, and the kerb is definitely not there to damage the vehicle, it's there for different reasons", he said.
The team has cut the gap through the season, though, with Ricciardo finishing just six seconds behind race victor Valtteri Bottas in Austria, signaling the progress made.
They worked up a sweat and were surrounded by other partygoers, although they only appeared to have eyes for each other.
"I do love a fight", Ricciardo later said.
"So when you don't personally deliver and other things are stacked up against you it's hard to come out smiling because that means you don't care enough".
"So they still have that tool at their disposal for periods of the grand prix, but we finished within 10 seconds of the victor in a race without any safety cars".
Jenifer sort de son silence et rassure ses fans
Si la chanteuse n'a été que légèrement blessée dans l'accident de son van sur l'autoroute A1, elle a été profondément choquée . Incapable de remonter sur scène, elle avait été contrainte d'annuler sa tournée .
Lance Stroll, meanwhile, will start a lowly 18th after failing to make it into Q2 - a disappointment following his third-place finish in Baku. I take heart and just move on.
Bottas topped the second part of qualifying - Q2 - on quicker ultra-soft tires than Hamilton's super-soft option, with Vettel third quickest. For example, last year's pole was set at an average speed of 142mph.
TG's good friend had a storming race to finish third, holding off Lewis Hamilton to deny the Brit a podium finish, and ensuring he got another chance to do his now trademark "shoey". Vettel hasn't finished worse than fourth in any race this year.
Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. The Austrian Grand Prix will.
Today's win by Valtteri Bottas in relation to the finishing places of both Sebastian Vettel and Lewis Hamilton leaves us with an interesting and exciting situation in the driver's championship, with all three in contention.
Given his recent travails, Hamilton could do with a change of fortune at his home race in Silverstone next weekend - the penultimate race before F1 takes its summer break.
Red Bull F1 has been plagued throughout the 2017 season with a list of woes.
- Man taken into custody after tense standoff in Medford
- Rafa Benitez demands Newcastle up their offer for Norwich ace Jacob Murphy
- Japan's Okinoshima island gains Unesco World Heritage status
- Federer thrashes Dimitrov to ease into Wimbledon quarters
- Highbridge Capital Management LLC Takes Position in Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE:PRU)
- La naissance d'un mouvement pro-Guillaume Soro — Côte d'Ivoire
- Zillow Group (NASDAQ:Z) Earning Favorable Press Coverage, Report Shows
- American River Bankshares (AMRB) Analysts See $0.20 EPS, Tango Has 0.77 Sentiment
- Depictions of Smoking in Movies Increased in 2016, Probably Corrupting the Youth
- Starz Making Huge Appeal To Kids, Spanish Speakers