The Cook County Medical Examiner's Office reported that Noah Inman died at 2:06 p.m. Friday at University of Chicago Comer's Children Hospital in Chicago, where he was flown following the shooting.
Noah Inman was playing basketball on July 1 when he suddenly fell to the ground in Hammond, Indiana, according to WMAQ-TV.
The Hammond Police Department offered its "heartfelt condolences" to the boy's family and urged the shooter, or anybody who knows somebody who was firing into the air on July 1, to come forward, ABC 7 reports.
"They don't buy fireworks, so they want to contribute to the noise", he said of people who fire handguns into the air. "We wish you peace to bring comfort, courage to face the days and loving memories to hold in your hearts", the department said in a statement. "Our hearts go out to you in your time of sorrow".
La religion chrétienne a mis fin aux cérémonies de purification du Togo
A Lomé, des chrétiens se sont rassemblés à la Chapelle internationale de ESTAO-FATAD pour prier pour la purification du Togo. Après les prêtres traditionnels et les fidèles musulmans, la religion chrétienne a joué sa partition.
"Unfortunately, this is a common action by many people who own guns in our city and they need to know this action has consequences and will be dealt with severely by the Hammond Police Department", the police department said in a statement.
The detectives have been regularly receiving calls about the case, but police still ask anyone with information to call Detective Lt. Mark Tharp at 219-852-2988 or Detective Sgt. Mark Ferry at 219-852-2991.
Hammond Mayor Tom McDermott Jr. described the Inmans as a "good, close-knit Hammond family who values education" and said Noah's death was a "ridiculous fluke".
'Please continue to keep Noah and your family in your prayers'. The page has raised $25K as of late Monday night.
- Wareham schools locked down after threat, school says
- US President Donald Trump administration delays Obama-era 'startup visa' rule
- Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:NXST) Upgraded to "Hold" by BidaskClub
- Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The) (GS) Upgraded to "Hold" at BidaskClub
- Steelcase (NYSE:SCS) Receives Daily Media Impact Score of 0.00
- Oasis Petroleum (OAS) Receives Media Impact Score of 0.19
- FBI Headquarters to Remain in NW Washington
- 'something has to be done' with N.Korea
- Google Awaiting RBI Approval to Begin UPI-Based Android Pay Services: NPCI
- Box Office Usa: Spider-Man: Homecoming regna sovrano con $ 140 milioni