Current Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko signed the European Union agreement in June 2014, but it remained unratified after 61 percent of Dutch voters opposed it in a citizen-driven, nonbinding referendum in April 2016. The Netherlands was the last country to ratify the document. In April 2016, Dutch voters held a referendum on the issue and rejected the agreement by 61 percent of votes out of fears that the deal would obligate the Netherlands to provide financial or military support to Kiev.
The European Union's 28 member states on July 11 formally endorsed the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement.
NA Has $894000 Stake in Qiagen NV (NASDAQ:QGEN)
Zacks Investment Research raised shares of Qiagen N.V. from a sell rating to a hold rating in a report on Tuesday, March 28th. FNY Partners Fund LP bought a new stake in shares of Qiagen N.V. during the first quarter valued at approximately $346,000.
After a long ratification process held up by a referendum in the Netherlands, the 28-nation European Union said Tuesday the economic and political agreement should kick in on September 1. This takes place on the eve of the EU-Ukraine summit in Kyiv, on 12 and 13 July.
The conclusion and entry into force of the agreement will now give a new impetus to the cooperation in areas such as foreign and security policy, justice, freedom and security (including migration) taxation, public finance management, science and technology, education and information society.
- Next Weeks Broker Price Targets For Cabot Microelectronics Corporation (NASDAQ:CCMP)
- Gangnam Style loses YouTube crown
- Price Target Analysis SeaDrill Limited (SDRL)
- Renault: célèbre le millionième véhicule produit à Tanger
- Tillerson initiates dialogue with Qatari leadership
- Brain training exercises DON'T prevent dementia
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Nigeria first lady Aisha Buhari warns off 'hyenas' on Facebook
- Plusieurs centaines de personnes évacuées après la découverte d'une bombe à Houffalize
- China June vehicle sales up 4.6 pct y/y - Passenger Car Association