British & Irish Lions prop Kyle Sinckler was arrested by Auckland authorities in the early hours of Sunday morning following an altercation.
Auckland police confirmed that a man was placed under arrest following an incident of "minor disorder" but was released without charge after "further inquiries established that the incident did not warrant prosecution".
"We have been informed by Auckland police about an incident involving Kyle", Spencer told Fairfax media.
Sinckler has now come out and said sorry for his behaviour, noting: 'I apologise for putting myself and the Lions in this position.
He was then taken to his accommodation.
Police said they would make no further comment.
Chelsea loan Ola Aina to Hull as Leonid Slutsky targets Blues youngsters
The 20-year-old arrives at the KCOM Stadium to address the right-back problem. Hull City have signed Chelsea defender Ola Aina on a season-long loan.
Lions tour manager John Spencer said he had spoken to Sinckler regarding his responsibilities and was satisfied that the player's apology would bring an end to the episode.
According to reports, the incident occurred while Sinckler, 24, was out in central Auckland following the Lions' 1-1 series draw with New Zealand.
"I have. reminded him of his responsibilities as a Lion, which extend to his off the field behaviour".
He was involved in a post-match scuffle after the second test in Wellington, trading insults with at least two All Blacks - believed to be halfback TJ Perenara and midfielder Ngani Laumape - after he allegedly refused to walk through a guard of honour that the home side had formed in the tunnel shortly after its 24-21 loss.
The Lions squad has left the country after the drawn three-Test series with the All Blacks.
Earlier in the gruelling six-week tour, Sinckler spoke about his reputation as a hot head, admitting he had let his aggressive streak get the better of him in the past.
- West Brom eyeing Tottenham defender Kevin Wimmer
- Federer thrashes Dimitrov to ease into Wimbledon quarters
- Rush Enterprises, Inc. (RUSHA) Receives $35.67 Average PT from Brokerages
- Man taken into custody after tense standoff in Medford
- Muslim march against terrorism lauded - and strongly criticized
- Depictions of Smoking in Movies Increased in 2016, Probably Corrupting the Youth
- La naissance d'un mouvement pro-Guillaume Soro — Côte d'Ivoire
- Zillow Group (NASDAQ:Z) Earning Favorable Press Coverage, Report Shows
- Formula One: Bottas beats Vettel in Austria, Hamilton fourth
- Highbridge Capital Management LLC Takes Position in Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE:PRU)