A footnote to the G-20's official document summarizing the collective plan of action on climate issues states that the USA continues to reserve its position.
French President Emmanuel Macron said yesterday that Paris will host a summit on Dec 12 to make further progress on the 2015 Paris climate agreement and to address its financing issues.
President Macron invited the prime minister to fly in his Falcon jet on the 740km journey, when trade, countering terrorism and Australia's submarine project were on the agenda for the meeting which went for about 75 minutes.
The document's plan is built around the terms laid out in the Paris climate agreement.
"You know our position [on this issue] - we adhere to the Paris agreement, we have taken relevant decisions and we are determined to abide by them", Putin told Macron. Sponsored by the United Nations, it aims to slow the rise in global temperatures.
First, there was Barack Obama and Joe Biden.
British & Irish Lions prop Sinckler arrested after 3rd test
The Lions squad has left the country after the drawn three-Test series with the All Blacks. Police said they would make no further comment.
It would seem an ideal place to welcome the American president, increasingly unpopular in Europe, especially on the eve of a festival that will celebrate, among other things, the 100th anniversary of the USA entry into World War I.
World Bank President Jim Yong Kim said that, for his part, the World Bank firmly backed the COP21 Paris climate change agreement.
Merkel said Saturday that the summit's final statement "takes account" of the US position rejecting the climate deal. He said the Paris deal "hamstrung" the U.S. and endangered jobs.
When President Donald Trump arrives in Paris on Thursday for his stay in the French capital, he will dine at one of the city's most expensive - and most impressive - restaurants.
The statement retains the G-20's longstanding rejection of protectionism.
- Parametric Portfolio Associates LLC Raises Stake in Union Bankshares Corporation (UBSH)
- Muslim march against terrorism lauded - and strongly criticized
- Chelsea loan Ola Aina to Hull as Leonid Slutsky targets Blues youngsters
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Stolen Boat Leaps Out of Lake, Crashes Into Building
- Formula One: Bottas beats Vettel in Austria, Hamilton fourth
- Google's Cambridge office to study AI-human connections
- West Brom eyeing Tottenham defender Kevin Wimmer
- NSE trading resumes three hours after 'technical glitch'
- First case of Zika virus reported in Tamil Nadu's Krishnagiri district