For years, the US and Russian Federation have been backing opposing sides in Syria's war, with Moscow supporting Syrian President Bashar Assad and Washington supporting rebels who have been fighting Assad.
A ceasefire brokered by the US, Russia and Jordan went into effect Sunday in southwest Syria, the CNN reported.
Most likely, such USA strategy can be explained by the following factor: every day the territories liberated from ISIS terrorists by the government forces continue to grow steadily.
A day earlier, US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said the agreement, if it holds, may be a blueprint for other parts of the country.
Ramzy Ezzeldin Ramzy, the United Nations deputy special envoy for Syria, hailed the truce deal as positive, saying it could help efforts to reach permanent peace in the Arab country. Both oppose the Islamic State group in Syria.
Trump has said previously he believes Russian Federation likely was involved in election hacking, but that other countries were as well.
Sangamo BioSciences, Inc. (NASDAQ:SGMO) Rating Reiterated by Jefferies Group LLC
It has underperformed by 16.70% the S&P500.The move comes after 9 months positive chart setup for the $288.10 million company. Hedge funds and other institutional investors own 59.23% of the company's stock. ( NASDAQ SGMO ) opened at 8.80 on Friday.
"Such zones are a priority for the United States, and we're encouraged by the progress made to reach this agreement", he said.
The ceasefire is set to take effect on July 9 at noon Damascus time.
A State Department official said Friday that they're still working on how to they're going to monitor and enforce the ceasefire.
The deal marks a new level of involvement for the U.S.in trying to resolve Syria's civil war.
The deal is believed to include a "de-escalation zone" covering Deraa province, on the border with Jordan, and Quneitra, next to the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights.
"Israel will welcome the real cessation of hostilities in Syria but it must not result in consolidation of the Iranian and its satellites' forces in Syria in general and particularly in Syria's south", he added.
- Wimbledon: Sania Mirza with her team mate to play third round match
- BidaskClub Lowers China Mobile (Hong Kong) Ltd. (CHL) to Sell
- 21-month-old boy taken by father after "violent domestic assault" found
- Watch Australian journalist's viral roast of Donald Trump at G20 summit
- Chelsea want £60million from Atletico Madrid to complete Diego Costa transfer
- Arsenal : Leicester trop gourmand pour Mahrez
- Crece presión social para que Rivera Carrera declare sobre pederastia
- Les taux favorables continuent au Canada et au Québec — Chômage
- The Baker Chad R Continues to Hold Stake in EI du Pont de Nemours and Company (NYSE:DD)
- James Rodriguez veut un dénouement dans les 48 heures — Real