Former Great British Bake Off host Sue Perkins has revealed she knew Mel Giedroyc would quit the show with her because the pair are 'like twins in a cot.' Mel and Sue both stepped down from their GBBO presenting roles after it was announced a year ago the show would move from BBC One to Channel 4.
'Four days later I was in a tent where somebody was crying because they couldn't find the packet of marron glace, and I did think how can I rationalise these two worlds?' the TV presenter explained.
"They would have yak butter and barley and that's all they ate and they would meditate and would be in bed by six".
She also said that she drank too much in her twenties to overcome her shyness. "There is no point in rancour".
Her comments come after Mary Berry admitted she was not keen on contestants crying on the show, saying "there are occasions when you want to cry your heart out, but not on a television programme".
Great British Bake Off puns began to go stale, admits Sue Perkins
Whilst we'll certainly miss Sue, Mel and Mary Berry featuring in Bake Off, we're excited to watch the new series when it airs on Channel 4 later this year.
And she told Kirsty Young that when she joked about the Croatian city Split, she wondered whether she had "sunk to the very bottom of what is possible". "Every bap pun, every Hungarian ring pun had been mined and mined and mined".
"I think we were running out of puns, I'm not going to lie", the star said.
She said: 'I didn't need to ring her and say "what are you going to do?", because I knew what she was going to do - it was merely a question of how we were going to do it'. It was a really sweet show, I loved all of it. "I loved all of it".
In a new interview on Radio 4's Desert Island Discs, Perkins, 47, said she didn't discuss quitting with Mel but knew they would go together as they are "like twins in a cot". "I'm very hopeful Mel and I will do some prattling about... possibly primetime prattling".
Thomas ruled out of Tour after big crash
It was Thomas's fourth crash of the Tour, having also gone down on the second, fourth and eighth stages. Britain's Geraint Thomas has been forced to abandon the Tour de France after crashing on stage nine.
- Kulicke and Soffa Industries, Inc
- Chelsea, Arsenal target won't leave Real Madrid
- TR Zeliang stakes claim to form Govt. in Nagaland
- 'Hawaii Five-0's Daniel Dae Kim exits show
- Ricardo Pinto : Mis en examen pour "violences volontaires" sur son bébé
- Russian Ceasefire Takes Effect in Southwest Syria
- Is Buying Healthequity Inc (HQY) Here a Winning Strategy?
- AK Steel Holding Corporation (NYSE:AKS) Sees Significantly Higher Trading Volume
- Rüdiger à Chelsea ce dimanche — Roma
- After Missing Out On Lukaku, Chelsea Open Cheque Book For German Defender