Now Conte is experiencing all the frustrations Mourinho went through and after the club failed to land any of his transfer targets last summer, it remains to be seen whether this single-minded tactician will continue in his post if that trend continues.
He may have been given the cold shoulder by his manager, but Diego Costa is most certainly a wanted man after 2.1million followers responded to a post from the Chelsea striker on Instagram - nearly entirely calling for him to join Besiktas. While Costa's return to Atletico Madrid is still not finalized yet, he is indeed moving closer to the exit door.
The Belgian powerhouse made the switch to Goodison Park in the summer of 2014 - a then club record fee for the Toffees, setting them back £28m. Enter Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata who Chelsea bid for last summer.
GETTYDiego Costa is reportedly Besiktas No 1 summer target
The Independent writes that Morata was left shocked by the Lukaku to United news, as he truly believed he was just days away from joining up with United on their US summer preseason tour. He's hoping that Chelsea will come calling for him.
Torino striker Andrea Bellotti is the latest name to be linked with Chelsea after scoring 26 goals in Serie A last season.
Who should Chelsea sign?
The 23-year-old has a buyout clause in his contract, meaning that an offer of £90m (€100m) would be enough to sign the Italy worldwide.
Officers Rescue Dog Twice From Lagoon
The dog, a brown poodle mix, was checked out by vets and appears to be "happy and healthy", according to police. A Milwaukee police officer jumped into a lagoon to save a dog that was struggling to stay afloat .
- Trump Jr., Kushner, Manafort met Kremlin-linked lawyer previous year
- New Zealand eliminate Pakistan from ICC Women's World Cup
- President Trump meets May at the G-20 to discuss trade, security
- Nottinghamshire's Luke Fletcher taken to hospital after sickening blow to the head
- Rivers United ousted by Moroccan Club — CAF Confederation Cup
- 1 killed in fiery crash on I-5
- Nuveen Municipal High Income Oppty Fund Declares Monthly Dividend of $0.07 (NMZ)
- Is McLaren-Honda Finally On Track Toward Winning Again?
- Manchester United can go to another level with Lukaku, insists Phil Neville
- As Sourav Ganguly Turns 45 Lets Have A Look At His Career