Witnesses began reporting a 2011 Toyota Camry traveling the wrong way on I-5 minutes before the fatal collision.
A 4-month-old was ejected from a auto outside of Dixon, and three others were injured Thursday morning in a hit-and-run crash along Interstate 80, according to California Highway Patrol.
Both drivers were killed on impact the CHP said.
California Highway Patrol officers examine one of the wrecked vehicles. They were taken to a nearby hospital.
CHP investigators are asking anyone with information related the crash to call the department's non-emergency line at 1-800-835-5247 or the CHP Solano Area Office at 707-428-2100.
USA to test anti-missile system amid tensions
The officials who disclosed to Reuters the precise nature and timing of the upcoming test spoke on condition of anonymity. US THAAD batteries are also installed in Guam and Hawaii, created to stop an intermediate-range missile from North Korea.
The crash prompted the closure of all northbound lanes and two lanes on the southbound side.
Two motorists were killed Friday in a collision involving a wrong-way driver on Interstate 5 in Oceanside.
In Oceanside, two people were killed when a auto traveling northbound on the southbound I-5 collided head-on with an SUV.
The incident is under investigation by the CHP who said alcohol and/or drugs are believed to have played a role in the fatal crash.
- Manchester United can go to another level with Lukaku, insists Phil Neville
- Dixie Carter To Appear On WWE Programming For The Very First Time
- Moon arrives in Hamburg for G-20 summit
- OL, Fekir : "Les jeunes ont montré de belles choses"
- Nuveen Municipal High Income Oppty Fund Declares Monthly Dividend of $0.07 (NMZ)
- New Zealand eliminate Pakistan from ICC Women's World Cup
- Wyoming denies Presidential Advisory Commission request
- Several Arrested at KKK Rally in Charlottesville
- Nubia offers 'M2' smartphone on 'Amazon Prime Day'
- Has $26.25 Million Position in Amazon.com, Inc