After spending more than three years behind bars in a military prison, Venezuelan opposition leader Leopoldo Lopez who was arrested in 2014 for "inciting violence" will now serve the rest of his sentence under house arrest.
In May President Nicolas Maduro's leftist government, facing a wave of major opposition protests since April, issued a short "proof of life" video after reports surfaced that Lopez was in ill-health.
The humanitarian measure, decreed by TSJ Vice President Maikel Moreno, came into force on Friday night, as there were serious irregularities in the distribution of the file to an Enforcement Court, according to the ruling from the judicial body.
"They should give full freedom to him and all the political prisoners".
Les gendarmes félicitent le jeune contrevenant qu'ils avaient accompagné pour passer son Bac — "Il l'a eu !!!"
Il l'a eu! Le jeune Tourangeau qui avait perdu son permis juste avant d'aller passer son diplôme a décroché son bac . Les militaires lui avait donc retiré son permis.
The Spanish attorney Javier Cremades, one of Lopez's lawyers, had advanced the news to the newspaper "El País" and other Spanish media, which generated the first reactions in Madrid.
Mr Maduro, who for years refused to pardon Mr Lopez, has described him as a risky terrorist who sought to overthrow him through street violence.
The South American country is in the throes of an economic crisis that has spurred mass protests calling for a change of government, especially over the past few months.
On July 30, at Mr Maduro's behest, Venezuela will hold an election for a constitutional assembly that will be able to dissolve state institutions and rewrite the constitution.
- LG's Q2 profits lower than expected, struggling mobile division to blame
- Loretta Lynch Denies Assurances to Clinton Over Email Probe
- Malaise cardiaque d'un joueur de l'Ajax en plein match
- British Columbia Declares State Of Emergency As Nearly 140 Wildfires Ravage Province
- Top striker says goodbye to Chelsea squad ahead of summer move
- Knicks Sign Issue Sheet with Tim Hardaway Jr. for $71 Million
- Mother and three children die in Bolton house fire
- Lynx C Sylvia Fowles Named Western Conference Player Of Month
- Price For New York-New Jersey Rail Tunnel Rises To $12.9B
- Zynga Inc. (ZNGA) Position Maintained by Great West Life Assurance Co. Can