In an ignorant display of passive aggressiveness combined with racism, a United States Mint Philadelphia employee came up with the awful idea to leave a noose at the work station of his black colleague.
The discovery was made by a passerby outside Penn Medicine, formerly Graduate Hospital, at 18th and Lombard just before 10 a.m. Friday. A police spokesman said he was unaware of the finding, but expected to receive more information later in the morning. "We looked at the camera and wasn't able to see anything".
The Mint employee who left the rope at his black co-worker's desk undoubtedly knew the racist implications behind his actions and deliberately set out to send this abhorrent message. That worker has been placed on administrative leave.
Kenya interior minister dies in hospital
Before that, he was the member of parliament for Kajiado Central constituency on an Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) ticket. In December 2014, he was appointed as the CS Interior and Coordination, a position he has held to his demise this morning.
Authorities at the U.S. Mint, not the Philadelphia police, were in charge of leading the investigation into that incident, according to a police spokesperson.
This is a developing story.
- Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin Meet at G20 Summit
- Islamic State militants mount diversionary attack south of Mosul
- Mort du fils de Sheila, Ludovic, à l'âge de 42 ans
- Activists unfurl huge banner at Trump's Chicago hotel
- Max Verstappen: Austria kerbs 'not designed' for Formula One
- Credit Suisse AG Buys 150997 Shares of Novo Nordisk A/S (NVO)
- [Exclusivité] Gabon : Mborantsouo accusée de falsification de diplôme et d'escroquerie à Paris
- Nisar, Vice President Facebook discuss steps to remove blasphemous content
- Aaron Judge passes Joe DiMaggio for most Yankee rookie home runs
- Piper Jaffray Companies Lowers AeroVironment, Inc