In an ignorant display of passive aggressiveness combined with racism, a United States Mint Philadelphia employee came up with the awful idea to leave a noose at the work station of his black colleague.
The discovery was made by a passerby outside Penn Medicine, formerly Graduate Hospital, at 18th and Lombard just before 10 a.m. Friday. A police spokesman said he was unaware of the finding, but expected to receive more information later in the morning. "We looked at the camera and wasn't able to see anything".
The Mint employee who left the rope at his black co-worker's desk undoubtedly knew the racist implications behind his actions and deliberately set out to send this abhorrent message. That worker has been placed on administrative leave.
US bombers drill near South Korea DMZ in show of force
North Korea's missile launch saw their dreaded ICBM fly into the Sea of Japan, after being in the air for more than half an hour. THAAD interceptors are positioned in Guam which are meant to help guard against a missile attacks, such as one from North Korea.
Authorities at the U.S. Mint, not the Philadelphia police, were in charge of leading the investigation into that incident, according to a police spokesperson.
This is a developing story.
- Credit Suisse AG Buys 150997 Shares of Novo Nordisk A/S (NVO)
- Islamic State militants mount diversionary attack south of Mosul
- Max Verstappen: Austria kerbs 'not designed' for Formula One
- Dallas police will patrol San Antonio, giving grieving colleagues some relief
- Kenya interior minister dies in hospital
- Mayo has joint highest average age in Ireland
- Morrissey Calls Stop By Police 'Deliberate Act Of Terror'
- Un défenseur suisse signe pour 4 ans — ASSE
- New Game + et nouveaux trophées sur le dernier patch — Horizon Zero Dawn
- Bill Cosby's sexual assault retrial is scheduled to begin November 6