The organisers of the presidential debate risk losing millions of shillings following the latest events likely to jeopardise the event.
Opposition leader Raila Odinga on Wednesday announced he will not participate in the planned presidential debate, in July barely hours after President Uhuru Kenyatta chose to shun the American-styled debates ahead of the August 8 polls.In a statement, Odinga said that he will not participate in the debate under the current proposed format and stipulation.
President Uhuru Kenyatta will not participate in the presidential debates slated for Monday, July 10 and July 24.
Odinga's Senior advisor, Salim Lone, on his part said that Odinga will not participate in the presidential debate under the current proposed format and stipulation.
Georgia mother accused of killing family appears in court
Police further said Martinez may have been in the home with the dead family for a number of hours before she called 911. Martinez qualified for a court-appointed attorney, but she said she did not need one.
The two took issue with the format and structure of the debate also citing insufficient consultation by the conveners as a reason for their withdrawal.
NASA secretariat however urged President Uhuru Kenyatta to be open to debating Raila Odinga on issues affecting Kenyans.
Earlier, the Alliance for Real Change candidate Abduba Dida moved to court to challenge the categorisation of the candidates into two groups with the purposes of having two separate debates on the same day.
Dida says that the presidential debates guidelines are discriminatory, in bad faith and contrary to the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
- Corrie's Katie McGlynn laughs off pregnancy rumours
- Mandanda dans l'attente, Ochoa proposé à l'OM
- Le parti de Macron veut lancer un média pour relayer ses messages
- Uh-Oh, a Jersey Shore Reunion Is in the Works
- Al-Shabab beheads 9 civilians in attack on Kenya village
- Tamil Nadu concerned over Sri Lanka's new fishing bill
- Govinda Unhappy At Being Cut From Jagga Jasoos
- GST Rate Finder App Launched For Android Users, iOS Version Soon
- Ark: Survival Evolved's Price Has Just Been Doubled
- Angela Lansbury, Emily Watson, Michael Gambon Join 'Little Women' for BBC