From T-shirts, mugs to full-size costumes, the bear's image can be seen everywhere.
Many solar farms look faintly sinister, with rows and rows of mirror-like solar panels pointing towards a central tower. But maybe we should be more anxious about their advancements in cuteness now that a Chinese energy company is building a solar farm shaped like a giant cartoon panda.
Can you tell they're pandas?
If put to use for 25 years, the power station is expected to generate 3.2 billion kWh of solar energy. Over the next five years, as part of President Xi Jinping's 21st-century Maritime Silk Road economic policy, Panda Green Energy will install multiple power plants across the country disguised as adorable cartoon pandas.
The company worked with the United Nations Development Program - and the planned plant will stretch to more than 1,500 acres when completed.
This panda-inspired power plant will provide green electricity to China
That means it could save more than one million tons of coal, which is the main source of energy as well as the main source of pollution in China.
Panda Power Plant could empower about 8,000 households and has an output of 50 MW.
But the solar pandas aren't just there to be cute. UNDP and the Panda Green Energy organized a summer camp for teenagers aged 13 to 17 this coming August.
Xinhua News Agency reported that the two pandas were supposed to be a family. The black is made of monocrystalline silicon and the grey part is all thin film solar cells. One of the pandas has been largely completed while the other is about one-third completed. That makes it the ideal choice to represent a new initiative to expand green energy in the country.
"By designing the solar power station into the pattern of a panda, we aim to stimulate teenagers' interest and enthusiasm for solar energy application", Alan Li, CEO of China Merchants New Energy Group said previous year.
Bartolo Colon Signs Minor League Deal With Minnesota Twins
The Braves ultimately designated him for assignment in June, however, after he went just 2-8 with an 8.14 ERA and 1.78 WHIP.
- Pier 1 Imports, (NYSE:PIR) Raised To Keep at Gordon Haskett
- LaVar Ball Admitted To Magic Johnson His Act Is All 'Marketing'
- Sen. Bernie Sanders holding health care rally in Kentucky
- Tyreke Evans Reportedly Agrees to One-Year Contract with Grizzlies
- India expresses grave concern over North Korea's recent missile test
- Sii Investments Inc. WI Sells 1176 Shares of Realty Income Corporation (O)
- Mikhail Grigorenko et Nikita Nesterov avec le CSKA
- 15 arrested during protest outside Sen. Portman's office
- New Hampshire honored in Budweiser campaign
- Kei Nishikori Has Crashed Out Of Wimbledon