And finally, after a season in limbo, the Sixers have officially signed Furkan Korkmaz.
The Sixers selected Korkmaz with the 26th overall pick in the 2016 NBA Draft. "Furkan is another talented young player that we are excited to have in our program". He spent last season with in the Turkish league playing for Banvit, on loan from Anadolu Efes. In 21 games, the 19-year-old averaged 11 points and four rebounds while shooting 49 percent from the field and 40 percent from three-point range.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
RB Leipzig Complete Signing Of Jean-Kevin Augustin From PSG
Earlier this summer, Leipzig sold Germany under-21 attacker Davie Selke to Hertha Berlin for just under €10m. According to German publication Bild, the transfer fee is believed to be around €13m.
The Sixers may have originally wanted Korkmaz to stay overseas for one more season, to mature and get a little stronger before coming back to play in the National Basketball Association for the 2018-19 season. "National Basketball Association teams are permitted to contribute only $675,000 to buyouts".
Korkmaz also won the Slam Dunk Contest in Turkish Basketball league in 2016.
He helped his team to win the Turkish Cup in February and managed to play in the finals of the Basketball Champions League (BCL).
- Indiana Pacers, Bojan Bogdanovich agree to two-Year deal
- 'I'd like to knock him out': Nick Kyrgios makes another enemy
- Head of Grenfell Tower inquiry faces hostility from victims
- The United Microelectronics Corporation (NYSE:UMC) Stock Rating Lowered by Nomura
- GOP senator: No 'significant consensus' on healthcare
- Sessions, deputy AG to tour Guantanamo Bay prison
- Prominent YouTube Creators Speak Out About Protecting Net Neutrality
- Clapper: No evidence others besides Russian Federation meddled in election
- AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. (AFSI) has a Market value of 2.52 Billion
- Oilers sign Jokinen to one-year deal