Rockies: LHP Kyle Freeland (8-6, 3.84 ERA) had two hits, including his first major league homer, the last time he faced the Reds in Cincinnati on May 21. The last was closer Raisel Iglesias, who pitched for the first time in five days and worked two innings in a non-save situation. All-Star hopeful Mark Reynolds would hit into a double play to end the inning and the threat. "I knew if I just let my sinker work when I did fall behind, I was hopefully going to get a ground ball". He stranded runners at second and third in the fifth with the Reds leading 4-1 by striking out Trevor Story and getting Alexi Amarista to ground out. He allowed four runs in the first three innings, all with two outs, and fell to 0-3 with a 7.27 ERA in his past three starts.
In the fifth, Tony Wolters followed Story's bunt single with a run-scoring double that cut the Reds' lead to 3-2. The hit scored Scooter Gennett, who drew a one-out walk.
In the ninth, Holland gave up a two-out single to Zack Cozart and pitched carefully to the unsafe Joey Votto, resulting in a walk.
Feldman (7-6) gave up five of Colorado's six hits and four runs in five innings with one walk and six strikeouts. And again, a two-out single from the Reds (by Jose Peraza) brought in a run.
Nicolás Maduro asegura que Juan Manuel Santos debe pedir que lo "bendiga"
Maduro ha acusado a Santos en varias oportunidades de apoyar a sus opositores para desestabilizar el Gobierno chavista. Inclínate, híncate ante tu padre .
Gray's homer was the longest by a pitcher since Statcast began tracking home run distances in 2015.
"I see Jon in (batting practice) and he has some strength to his swing", Rockies manager Bud Black said. The second hit of the game for him, that single away from the shift down the third base line gave Gonzalez his first multi-hit game since late May.
NOTES: Reds RHP Sal Romano was recalled from Triple-A Louisville to start against the Rockies, and RHP Austin Brice was optioned to Louisville.
Twins 9, Angels 5: Max Kepler tied a career high with four hits, including a home run, Adalberto Mejia earned his third straight win and Minnesota beat Los Angeles. Reds SS Zack Cozart was not in the starting lineup, part of his planned playing schedule this week after being reinstated Friday from the 10-day disabled list, but he doubled home a run as a pinch hitter in the eighth. The other was August 25, 2015, at Atlanta. Reliever Scott Oberg entered the game and got what he was seeking - an infield chopper to four-time Gold Glove third baseman Nolan Arenado.
- Apple hits back at Imagination's 'misleading' statements, disputes timeline
- Three candidates disqualified from Rwanda's presidential election
- Registration now open for Calvary Baptist Church Vacation Bible School
- Former intel chief Clapper definitively smacks down Trump's lies about Russian Federation hacking
- Plains All American Pipeline, LP (NYSE:PAA) Declares Quarterly Dividend of $0.55
- Ed Sheeran announces United Kingdom stadium tour including Glasgow show
- Tencent bringing hit game "Honour of Kings" to United States and European Union markets
- Snapchat map feature spurs child predator fears
- Funeral held for 18-year-old killed in alleged road rage shooting
- Springer, Astros hammer Blue Jays