It was announced on Thursday that Augustin will make the move to Leipzig from Paris Saint-Germain, joining the Bundesliga side on a five-year deal.
The 20-year-old France Under-21 global came up through the youth ranks since joining last season's Ligue 1 runners-up in 2009 and made 31 first-team appearances for the Parisians over the last two terms.
I am happy to be a RB Leipzig player.
"We've been following his development for a long time", said Ralf Rangnick, Leipzig's sporting director. "We are delighted to have reached an agreement".
Augustin first broke onto the scene in 2016 during the European Championship alarming the likes of Hertha Berlin and Borussia Dortmund.
This is part of a major undertaking on Leipzig's part to bring in new, young talent to help the club through their first-ever Champions League berth, as Augustin is the team's sixth signing of the summer.
Perceptive Advisors LLC Has $7991000 Position in Alder BioPharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:ALDR)
Equities analysts predict that Alder BioPharmaceuticals will post ($6.33) earnings per share for the current fiscal year. American Century Companies Inc. boosted its stake in shares of Alder BioPharmaceuticals by 5.7% in the first quarter.
According to German publication Bild, the transfer fee is believed to be around €13m.
Earlier this summer, Leipzig sold Germany under-21 attacker Davie Selke to Hertha Berlin for just under €10m.
Speaking at the news conference, Rangnick also reiterated the club's stance to not sell any key players amid interest in Naby Keita and Emil Forsberg from Premier League.
Rangnick said: "We will definitely not be letting any key players go".
"It's totally normal for clubs to be interested in our players, but that doesn't affect our stance on the matter".
- I Was in My 'Own Mini-Episode of Seinfeld '
- 'I'd like to knock him out': Nick Kyrgios makes another enemy
- The United Microelectronics Corporation (NYSE:UMC) Stock Rating Lowered by Nomura
- Sessions, deputy AG to tour Guantanamo Bay prison
- Indiana Pacers, Bojan Bogdanovich agree to two-Year deal
- GOP senator: No 'significant consensus' on healthcare
- Enfrentamiento causa al menos 14 muertos — México
- Defender in Liverpool contract talks months after signing current deal
- Global cardiac troponin market forecast to 2022 published by leading research firm
- The Tahoe Resources (TAHO) Receiving Favorable Press Coverage, Report Finds