A man and a woman have been shot by police in a Melbourne nightclub overnight after the man reportedly pulled a gun on officers.
Police received multiple reports a man was armed with a gun in an upstairs room shortly before 3am.
Around 100 people were at the venue but only ten on the first floor where the 35-year-old man reportedly was.
The Superintendent added that they're still investigating whether or not the gun was a toy, and how many shots were fired by police.
The party, promoted as the Saints and Sinners Ball, was billed as "Australia's raunchiest party".
Melbourne radio station 3AW reported that officers were told by bouncers that the reveller, who was dressed as the Joker from the Batman movies, was not a threat and that the gun was a toy.
"That was told to police and that formed part of our planning, but when the firearm was levelled at police and police asked the man to drop it, police at that stage were not aware whether it was an imitation or a real firearm".
Cristiano Ronaldo moins vendeur que Selena Gomez et Kim Kardashian
Seul autre sportif présent dans ce Top 10 , le basketteur LeBron James clôt la marche avec 120 000 dollars (106 000 euros) par publication.
Supt. Hardeman declined to confirm if a Taser was deployed after he was shot, saying only a "number of police options were used".
The man was shot in the torso and taken to Royal Melbourne hospital under police guard in a critical condition.
Police say he remains in a serious condition with non-life threatening injuries.
Police outside Inflation nightclub on King Street.
A nearby woman was also shot in the leg.
The man and the woman are known to each other.
Security staff at the club told police they thought the gun might have been a fake.
- Judge: Jury can consider lesser charge against ex-officer
- Were Analysts Bullish Kraft Heinz Co (NASDAQ:KHC) This Week?
- Tigers' Martinez moved by Cleveland ovation for 2000th hit
- The Stifel Nicolaus Increases ProLogis, Inc. (PLD) Price Target to $60.00
- The Grudge Reboot Recruits Nicolas Pesce To Write And Direct
- Women's March Angry Over New Ad, Set To Protest NRA
- Evacuation orders issued for parts of BC's interior
- HSN, Inc. (HSNI) Analysts See $0.61 EPS
- Land Dispute near India-China-Bhutan Tri-Junction
- BidaskClub Downgrades Qorvo, Inc. (QRVO) to Hold