The group, which split from the outlawed Pakistani Taliban in 2014, is associated with Islamic State and operates out of Afghanistan's eastern Nangarhar province as well as Pakistan's tribal border district of Mohmand, according to information posted on the United Nations website Thursday.
The UN said Jamaat-ul-Ahrar has ties with Daesh and has bases in eastern Nangarhar region of Afghanistan as well as in the Mohmand tribal areas along the Durand Line.
The Pakistani government banned the organization's activities past year following several deadly attacks that it claimed responsibility for.
The group also took credit for last year's Easter suicide bombing in the city of Lahore that killed more than 70 people, including Christians and Muslims.
Bolsa Mexicana abre con pérdida 0.06%
El principal indicador accionario, el S&P/BMV IPC , subió 259.23 enteros respecto al nivel previo para ubicarse en 50 mil 300.81 unidades.
Pakistan on Friday has welcomed the United Nations Security Council (UNSC)'s decision of imposing financial and arms trade sanctions on a splinter group Jamaat-ul-Ahrar (JuA) of Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), a statement issued by foreign office said.
Abdul Wali, who is known as Omar Khalid Khorasani, from the Mohmand tribal agency, leads the group. Ehsan later disclosed in a video that like him many Pakistani militants now operated from the Afghan side of the border.
In April, Ehsanullah Ehsan, the former spokesman of JuA, surrendered to the security forces, which was a serious blow to the group.
- Les Etats-Unis vont bientôt tester l'interception d'un IRBM par le THAAD
- Warriors Re-Sign Zaza Pachulia To One-Year Deal
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Amit Shah's Goa airport meeting lands up in HC
- 8 int'l footballers including Ronaldinho arrive in Pakistan
- EU Parliament Urges Formal Suspension Of Turkey Accession Talks
- Ryan says delay on health care doesn't jeopardize tax reform
- Springer, Astros hammer Blue Jays
- Former intel chief Clapper definitively smacks down Trump's lies about Russian Federation hacking
- Rooney Mara 'grossed out' by pie