Jokinen, 34, had 28 points (11 goals, 17 assists) in 69 games with the Florida Panthers last season and was an alternate captain.
Klein spent the past three seasons with the Rangers after he was traded by the Nashville Predators on January 22, 2014. He had one year ($4 million salary-cap charge) remaining on his contract but was bought out by the Panthers on July 1.
The Oilers will be happy to take on a one-year deal with a veteran who has played almost 900 games in the National Hockey League.
Sixers sign 1st-round pick Furkan Korkmaz
He helped his team to win the Turkish Cup in February and managed to play in the finals of the Basketball Champions League (BCL). He spent last season with in the Turkish league playing for Banvit, on loan from Anadolu Efes.
He started his National Hockey League career in 2005-06 with the Dallas Stars and has played 891 career games. In his 891-game career, Jokinen has scored 186 goals and added 360 assists with five different organizations. He had 30 goals and 35 assists for 65 total points.
In 2015-16, Jokinen had 60 points in 81 games with the Panthers.
Aside from the goals and assists, Jokinen was solid in possession and shot analytics last season.
- RB Leipzig Complete Signing Of Jean-Kevin Augustin From PSG
- FuelCell Energy, Inc. (NASDAQ:FCEL) Upgraded to Buy at Zacks Investment Research
- Clapper: No evidence others besides Russian Federation meddled in election
- Federal Bureau of Investigation arrests Omaha man accused of threatening US Sen. Joni Ernst
- Defender in Liverpool contract talks months after signing current deal
- GOP senator: No 'significant consensus' on healthcare
- Indiana Pacers, Bojan Bogdanovich agree to two-Year deal
- 'I'd like to knock him out': Nick Kyrgios makes another enemy
- Perceptive Advisors LLC Has $7991000 Position in Alder BioPharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:ALDR)
- Global cardiac troponin market forecast to 2022 published by leading research firm