A new government directive mandates that all packaged products must be sold at MRP regardless of the location of sale from January 1, 2018.
The consumer affairs ministry has also requested state governments to follow reservation policy for scheduled castes and scheduled tribes while granting licence for fair price shops. "Stickers of new MRP should be pasted so that consumers are aware of the change in rates after GST", he said. However, officials admitted that they can't recall a single case where a manufacturer, importer or seller has been sent to jail for such offence.
This created a problem for several businesses which were left with large volumes of unsold pre-packed items when the GST came into force from July 1. The manufacturers have been given time till September the clear old stocks but only with the new MRP.
Indiana Pacers, Bojan Bogdanovich agree to two-Year deal
Bogdanovic has averaged 11.3 points in his three National Basketball Association seasons. He averaged 2.1 points and 1.9 rebounds in 30 games over two seasons with the Pacers.
"The sticker mentioning revised price shall not overwrite the original MRP", Paswan said, adding that stickers are allowed till 30 September. However, this will certainly increase transparency in the way e-commerce websites operate and the consumers will end up benefitting from it. "They need to inform consumers how much less or more they are paying", food minister Ram Vilas Paswan told TOI. "They must pass on that benefit to buyers", said an official.
Meanwhile, a committee of the consumer affairs ministry has been set up to address consumer grievances on GST and even helplines have been increased to 60 from 14 to address tax-related queries, he said. The National Consumer Helpline is also addressing the concerns of consumers regarding GST.
Paswan also said the new rates to be printed on the inventory should be communicated to the consumer affairs ministry and advertised for better awareness of consumers.
- Officer wounded in deadly ambush sues Black Lives Matter
- Kings Free Agent Forward Agrees to Terms With Spurs
- GOP senator: No 'significant consensus' on healthcare
- Kyle Busch Wins Shortened Qualifying Session at Kentucky
- Pier 1 Imports, (NYSE:PIR) Raised To Keep at Gordon Haskett
- Denver scores Outdoor Retailer shows beginning in January
- Sixers sign 1st-round pick Furkan Korkmaz
- Clapper: No evidence others besides Russian Federation meddled in election
- FuelCell Energy, Inc. (NASDAQ:FCEL) Upgraded to Buy at Zacks Investment Research
- Federal Bureau of Investigation arrests Omaha man accused of threatening US Sen. Joni Ernst