While the race may not be quite as long as the 21-stage Tour de France, the Giro Rosa is just as unsafe, which fans sadly learned on Thursday when 21-year-old Italian cyclist Claudia Cretti was involved in a high-speed, downhill crash that left her fighting for her life. The peloton splintered up the two climbs on today's stage, one categorized and one not, with four riders going clear off the front.
Although much of the cycling world has been geared around the Tour de France this week, fans of the female side of the sport have been glued to the Giro Rosa, an annual 10-stage affair that runs through the hills of Italy.
Holland's Brand (Team Sunweb) won Friday's 141.8km eighth stage from Baronissi to Centola by 12 seconds from Ukraine's Tetiana Riabchenko (Lensworld-Kuota).
In a statement, the 21-year-old's team said that there are fears that she may have sustained permanent brain damage as a result of the crash.
Sii Investments Inc. WI Sells 1176 Shares of Realty Income Corporation (O)
The fund owned 8,595 shares of the real estate investment trust's stock after buying an additional 2,049 shares during the period. Now Duke Realty Corporation's current price is $4.67 shy of the official highest sell-side analyst price target on Wall Street.
"I knew that the final really suited me with the descent so I knew that I had to go for it".
It was the Sunweb rider's third career stage win at the biggest stage race on the Women's WorldTour calendar.
"I felt really good all day and on the climb I made a decision to try to get away and chase the other breakaway riders down". I felt really good all day and on the climb I made a decision to try to get away and chase the other breakaway riders down.
Anna van der Breggen remains in the leader's jersey.
- Kei Nishikori Has Crashed Out Of Wimbledon
- India expresses grave concern over North Korea's recent missile test
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Are Getting Sued over Their Awful T-shirts
- Officer wounded in deadly ambush sues Black Lives Matter
- Kings Free Agent Forward Agrees to Terms With Spurs
- United States jobs data lifts Wall Street as tech, financials advance
- Defender in Liverpool contract talks months after signing current deal
- Ex-National Intelligence chief: No evidence others besides Russian Federation hacked U.S. election
- AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. (AFSI) has a Market value of 2.52 Billion
- New Hampshire honored in Budweiser campaign