New Orleans will aim to reduce emissions by 50 percent in 2030, as Mayor Mitch Landrieu and city officials commit to the global agreement on climate change from which President Donald Trump has withdrawn the U.S. After declaring the dramatic effects of climate change on south Louisiana an "existential threat" facing New Orleans, Landrieu unveiled an ambitious " Climate Action for a Resilient New Orleans", which proposes 11 strategies and 25 actions to reduce greenhouse gas emissions citywide.
Mayor Mitch Landrieu on Friday unveiled plans he said will ensure New Orleans plays its part in combating climate change. He also signed an executive order committing to the goals as guided by the action plan.
"It is abundantly clear that climate change is a matter of life and death", Landrieu said. "In New Orleans, we face a triple threat: subsidence, coastal erosion and sea level rise".
Ed Sheeran announces United Kingdom stadium tour including Glasgow show
Ed's Hampden Park show is part of a United Kingdom tour which takes him to Belfast , Newcastle , Manchester , Cardiff and London . From Wales , the " Shape of You " hitmaker has a string of shows planned in Europe, beginning in Amsterdam on June 28 next year.
Modernizing energy use by increasing use of low-carbon, clean fuels; making energy savings a sustainable resource; and increasing the resilience of energy infrastructure.
The climate action strategy, Climate Action for a Resilient New Orleans, proposes 11 strategies and 25 actions to reduce greenhouse gas emissions 50 percent by 2030. This comes after President Trump announced the USA will be withdrawing from the climate agreement. Transportation infrastructure will aim to "reduce auto dependence", with residents encouraged to use public transit with a goal of reducing vehicle dependency by half by 2030. The agreement pledges that the mayors, who represent more than 65 million Americans in 44 states, adopted the accord.
Reducing waste via development of recycling and composting initiatives and by generating value from waste.
- Funeral held for 18-year-old killed in alleged road rage shooting
- Hot Trending Stock: Nordic American Tankers Limited (NAT)
- Pakistan welcomes listing JuA by UN Security Council
- EU Parliament Urges Formal Suspension Of Turkey Accession Talks
- Three candidates disqualified from Rwanda's presidential election
- The Finish Line, Inc. (FINL) Position Raised by KCG Holdings Inc
- 8 int'l footballers including Ronaldinho arrive in Pakistan
- Nicolás Maduro asegura que Juan Manuel Santos debe pedir que lo "bendiga"
- Former intel chief Clapper definitively smacks down Trump's lies about Russian Federation hacking
- BidaskClub Downgrades Qorvo, Inc. (QRVO) to Hold