Greene, the righthander who throws up to 101 miles per hour as well as a shortstop with prodigious power, will receive $7.23 million, according to BA's Hudson Belinsky, making Greene the third player in this year's draft to get $7 million or more.
Zach Buchanan of the Cincinnati Enquirer added that, along with Greene's record-setting bonus, he also became the "first player to go in top two picks and go over slot".
Greene's deal is the largest handed out since the draft went to its current format. His money beats what Brendan McKay received from the Rays at No. 4, which previously was a record.
Alamos Gold Inc. (NYSE:AGI) Position Increased by Comerica Bank
ValuEngine cut shares of Alamos Gold from a "hold" rating to a "sell" rating in a research report on Tuesday, June 6th. Finally, Renaissance Technologies LLC increased its stake in Alamos Gold by 115.5% in the fourth quarter.
Greene had been in Cincinnati during the week to take a physical, indicating something was close between the sides.
A two-way star at Notre Dame HS in Sherman Oaks, Calif., Greene was recently touted on the cover of "Sports Illustrated" as a potential star that can both hit and pitch at the major league level.
Greene has also played shortstop at Notre Dame High School, but a fastball that can reach 100 miles per hour has the Reds projecting him as a future ace.
- Mort du fils de Sheila, Ludovic, à l'âge de 42 ans
- Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin Meet at G20 Summit
- Credit Suisse AG Buys 150997 Shares of Novo Nordisk A/S (NVO)
- 3000 ordered to evacuate ahead of BC wildfire described as volatile
- [Exclusivité] Gabon : Mborantsouo accusée de falsification de diplôme et d'escroquerie à Paris
- L'OM souhaite obtenir le prêt de Bacca — Mercato
- Un défenseur suisse signe pour 4 ans — ASSE
- Stephany y Bianca, las futbolistas mexicanas que celebran ser pareja en Islandia
- Nisar, Vice President Facebook discuss steps to remove blasphemous content
- AGENTS OF ATLAS' JIMMY WOO Joins MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE