The veteran actor said that he did the film only because Ranbir was his senior's (Rishi Kapoor) son and he was promised a script and a narration, post for which he shot with the team in South Africa despite being ill and without charging any money.
Produced by Siddharth Roy Kapur, Anurag Basu and Ranbir Kapoor, and Directed by Anurag Basu, Jagga Jasoos releases worldwide in cinemas on 14th July 2017. But Govinda isn't in the film, his part isn't there.
1/5 I gave full respect to Kapoor family i did the film because he is my seniors son I was told I will get the script. "I've shot a couple of days with him in the first schedule". So, everyone who thinks Govinda is in the film, let me tell you he is not there in the film. "I was unwell and on drips but still I traveled to South Africa and did my shoot". Then there were changes in the story and other things.
Russian Federation increases USA spying efforts following 2016 election meddling
We saw no evidence whatsoever there was other - there was anyone involved in this other than the Russians. It turned out to be three or four. "I see nothing with that statement", he said.
There were also reports of Govinda's unprofessional behaviour during the shooting of the film.
Further talking about the negative articles that have been doing the rounds, he added, "There were various negative stories and negative articles only for GOVINDA and that's how the film was remembered for 3yrs".
On his scenes being chopped off from the final edit of the film, the actor said, 'I did my job as an actor and if the director is not happy it's completely his call. However, there were also rumours that the apparent real life break-up of the lead pair also led to delays in the filming of the movie.
- Man Convicted in Slaying of Deputy Executed
- Deux des 4 personnes interpellées à Anderlecht sous mandat d'arrêt — Menace terroriste
- Boeing Deliveries Edge Down in Second Quarter
- Hebron now endangered heritage site
- KapStone Paper and Packaging Corporation (KS), Select Medical Holdings Corporation (SEM)
- Cash-strapped LeEco's chairman resigns and pledges to repay all debts
- Tamil Nadu concerned over Sri Lanka's new fishing bill
- South Africa ruling party votes to downgrade ties with Israel
- Hundreds of VA officials fired since Trump's inauguration
- Arrests after photo-op causes traffic headache on Lions Gate