Meanwhile, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokesman Bryan Cox said in an email Friday that Martinez - whom he identified as Maria Isabel Garduno-Martinez - is from Mexico and entered the U.S. illegally. It's unclear if the rest of her family came to the US legally.
Before the hearing, Martinez sat with other inmates and struck poses for news cameras - smiling, giving a double thumbs up, putting her hands in a prayer position and spreading her arms out wide.
Martinez qualified for a court-appointed attorney, but she said she did not need one.
The judge gave her a warning as he was reading her charges.
The four children killed were identified as Isabela Martinez, aged ten, Dacota Romero, eight, Dillan Romero, four, and Axel Romero, two.
Gwinnett County police said a man and four children were found stabbed to death in a Loganville home Thursday morning.
Arrests after photo-op causes traffic headache on Lions Gate
The Emergency Response Team's high-angle rescue specialists searched the enclosed pathways and the guy-wire systems on the bridge. Shortly after 1 p.m. all lanes were back open and TransLink said regular bus service over the bridge has resumed.
33-year-old Isabel Martinez was arrested in the stabbing death of her husband and four children on Thursday at their #Loganville home in Georgia. She also is accused of seriously injured another child, Diana Romero, 9, at her home, according to Gwinnett Daily Post.
Isabelle Martinez appears in court on Friday, July 7, 2017. "It's really not a good idea and probably not to your benefit", Judge Michael Thorpe said.
"What prompts a person to take the life of such innocent children and her spouse is something we may never understand", Gwinnett County police stated.
The motive for the deadly stabbing is still unclear.
Federal immigration authorities said Martinez, whom they identified as Maria Isabel Garduno-Martinez, illegally entered the United States, though it is not clear when or where she crossed the US border.
Neighbor Letty Perez tells CBS46 News that Martinez had recently lost her father and the family had only lived in the home for about a month after moving to Georgia from IL. Police further said Martinez may have been in the home with the dead family for a number of hours before she called 911. Cpl.
- Ablakwa rubbishes Adwoa Safo's claim on Kwabenya SHS
- Cash-strapped LeEco's chairman resigns and pledges to repay all debts
- Cardinals activate Dexter Fowler from 10-day disabled list
- Hundreds of VA officials fired since Trump's inauguration
- Russian Federation increases USA spying efforts following 2016 election meddling
- Deux des 4 personnes interpellées à Anderlecht sous mandat d'arrêt — Menace terroriste
- L'équipe de France espoirs à Laval et au Mans en septembre
- Hebron now endangered heritage site
- Ark: Survival Evolved's Price Has Just Been Doubled
- Le parti de Macron veut lancer un média pour relayer ses messages