An Omaha man has been arrested by the Federal Bureau of Investigation on suspicion of making threats against Republican U.S. Sen. Joni Ernst of Iowa.
Robert William Simet, 64, was apprehended by the FBI over threats "to assault" the Iowa Republican senator, according to a statement released by the bureau's Omaha Field Office.
Simet is in custody and will be transported to Council Bluffs for an initial appearance in the Southern District of Iowa on Tuesday.
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (NYSE:TEVA)
Cribstone Capital Management LLC boosted its position in Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited by 3.3% in the first quarter. Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited ( NYSE TEVA ) traded down 1.076% during mid-day trading on Friday, reaching $31.428.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) arrested a man in the U.S. state of Iowa on Friday for threatening a state senator, the FBI said in a press release.
Stay with Omaha.com for more on this developing story.
FBI Omaha Special Agent Randall Thysse stated in the release that the safety of elected officials can not be taken lightly.
- 24-4 run ignites U.S. to quarterfinal victory over Germany
- Sunny, hot Friday with a chance for thunderstorms
- Au G20, le maire de New York va manifester contre Trump
- I Was in My 'Own Mini-Episode of Seinfeld '
- Head of Grenfell Tower inquiry faces hostility from victims
- Analysts Expect Verastem Inc (VSTM) Will Announce Earnings of -$0.34 Per Share
- Kyle Busch Wins Shortened Qualifying Session at Kentucky
- Trader's Buzzer: Best Buy Co., Inc. (BBY)
- Perceptive Advisors LLC Has $7991000 Position in Alder BioPharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:ALDR)
- Poutine et Trump se rencontrent pour la 1re fois lors du G20