Guardians of the Galaxy 2 will be the first 4K Blu-ray release from Disney, according to the film's director James Gunn.
Gunn's post confirms reports that that the director was in talks with Disney to secure a UHD release of the film.
The director indicated in April that he was lobbying Disney to release the film with the extended color and contrast that the format allows. "4K UltraHD is nearly certainly the best way you can see this movie at home - with more definition and the most vibrant colors possible on your home screen, and with the brightest brights and the blackest blacks", Gunn explained. This version is a roiling cinematic river of beauty and I've taken hundreds of hours personally making it look the best it can.
"Yes, it's true, and I am unbelievably excited to announce that, after a couple of years of me begging and pleading, Guardians of the Galaxy 2 will be coming to home video in 4K UltraHD".
Shia LaBeouf arrested for disorderly conduct and public drunkenness
It is understood that the 31-year-old actor, former star of the Transformers Series, remains in police custody. LaBeouf is in the Savannah area filming a movie, " The Peanut Butter Falcon ", also starring Dakota Johnson.
- And the important part of this release is not the 4K - the truly different and fantastic aspect is the high dynamic range with light and color which creates a completely more exciting experience, and is the best thing to happen to cinema in my lifetime, he said. Unfortunately, there is no word whether or not the 4K or 3D release will be offered digitally at this time.
However solid sales figures for the format have probably contributed to the decision to unlock titles for release - that and a need to keep Gunn sweet.
Set to the backdrop of "Awesome Mixtape #2, ' Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 continues the team's adventures as they traverse the outer reaches of the cosmos". It's not clear yet what format the disc will support, although Dolby Atmos at least looks a good bet.
Other titles are likely to be announced for 4K UHD release at D23, the Disney Expo happening next week. Disney fans have another reason to be excited as rumors point to Star Wars being next to get the 4K treatment.
- Short Term Technical Outlook: FNB Corporation (FNB), People's United Financial, Inc. (PBCT)
- Wolves PF Taj Gibson arrested for driving with suspended lisence
- No booze today: fed-up Mongolians elect new president
- Jay-Z Jewish lyric spurs criticism from ADL
- Korea's Bithumb Exchange Allegedly Loses Millions of Korean Won due to Hack
- LG's Q2 profits lower than expected, struggling mobile division to blame
- Edhi's first death anniversary observed
- Formula One to test 'shield' device at Silverstone
- Mother and three children die in Bolton house fire
- Malaise cardiaque d'un joueur de l'Ajax en plein match