It was an emotional day for San Antonio as thousands came together to say good-bye to a San Antonio Police Officer that was killed in the line of duty last week.
A group of San Antonio police officers honored the memory of their fallen brother in blue, Officer Miguel Moreno, by dining at one of his favorite restaurants and ordering a meal in his memory following his viewing Thursday evening.
"Today we celebrate officer Moreno's life", he said. Cavazos, who was released from the hospital on Tuesday, was among those attending Moreno's funeral.
Moreno, who grew up in San Antonio, was a 9-year veteran of the department.
Kenya interior minister dies in hospital
Before that, he was the member of parliament for Kajiado Central constituency on an Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) ticket. In December 2014, he was appointed as the CS Interior and Coordination, a position he has held to his demise this morning.
The gunman died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. He graduated from high school in San Antonio in 2002.
Police said its the community's support getting them through this tragic event.
Hundreds of law enforcement officers participated in a procession to the church that started at the Alamodome.
The Dallas Police Officers will return to Dallas after their Friday shifts.
- La diplomatie US énonce les objectifs du cessez-le-feu en Syrie
- Aaron Judge passes Joe DiMaggio for most Yankee rookie home runs
- Tour de France 2017 : Dole-Station des Rousses, 8e étape spectaculaire
- Ed Sheeran announces United Kingdom stadium tour including Glasgow show
- Landrieu adopts plan to combat effects of climate change in New Orleans
- Amit Shah's Goa airport meeting lands up in HC
- Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin Meet at G20 Summit
- Trump again demands more North Atlantic Treaty Organisation spending, praises Poland
- Nicolás Maduro asegura que Juan Manuel Santos debe pedir que lo "bendiga"
- Max Verstappen: Austria kerbs 'not designed' for Formula One