The Twins won't expect Colon to be one of its top pitchers if he ultimately finds his way onto its rotation, but he should eat up innings and solidify a pitching staff in need of another solid arm if he can turn around his disappointing form from earlier in the season.
Bartolo Colon, a favorite of Mets fans during his three seasons in NY, reached a minor league deal with the Minnesota Twins on Friday. "#BigSexy", the Twins wrote on the team's official Twitter account on Friday.
The Braves ultimately designated him for assignment in June, however, after he went just 2-8 with an 8.14 ERA and 1.78 WHIP.
Oilers sign Jokinen to one-year deal
The Oilers will be happy to take on a one-year deal with a veteran who has played almost 900 games in the National Hockey League . Jokinen, 34, had 28 points (11 goals, 17 assists) in 69 games with the Florida Panthers last season and was an alternate captain.
A four-time All-Star and the 2005 American League Cy Young victor for the Los Angeles Angels, Colon continued to defy his age, going 44-34 with a 3.90 ERA over the previous three seasons for the New York Mets.
His Cy Young season came with the Angeles in 2005, winning a career-high 21 games opposite eight losses and posting a 3.48 ERA and 157 strikeouts in 33 starts.
- Kei Nishikori Has Crashed Out Of Wimbledon
- Sixers sign 1st-round pick Furkan Korkmaz
- LaVar Ball Admitted To Magic Johnson His Act Is All 'Marketing'
- KapStone Paper and Packaging Corporation (KS) Upgraded to Buy by Vertical Research
- 15 arrested during protest outside Sen. Portman's office
- Tyreke Evans Reportedly Agrees to One-Year Contract with Grizzlies
- India expresses grave concern over North Korea's recent missile test
- Washington Wizards reportedly interested in Jamal Crawford
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Health officials warn about bacteria in Alabama waters