A petition was filed today by social activist, Advocate Aires Rodrigues, before the Goa Bench of the Bombay High Court seeking a thorough probe into the BJP President Amit Shah's public meeting at Dabolim International Airport recently.
The matter was mentioned before the court on Friday for urgent hearing and will be heard on Monday by a Division Bench of Justices F.M. Reis and Nutan Sardessai.
The secretary of ministry of civil aviation, chief secretary of Goa, director general of police, the airport director and the deputy commandant of Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) at the Airport have been made parties in this petition.
Adv Rodrigues in his petition has also submitted that the law enforcement authorities ought to have registered an FIR against the organisers of that illegal public meeting against Amit Shah and all the other dignitaries present. It says the meeting is "in total violation of law".
Intermap Technologies Corp (ITMSF) Moves -8.33%
A reading under 20 would indicate no trend, and a reading from 20-25 would suggest that there is no clear trend signal. Taking a peek at some Moving Averages, the 200-day is at 0.00, the 50-day is 0.00, and the 7-day is sitting at 0.00.
The petitioner Rodrigues had filed a complaint against the meeting with the Union civil aviation ministry, Goa chief secretary and the state's police chief, terming the meeting as illegal.
Adv. Rodrigues has stated that as the authorities were acting as caged parrots and taking no action, he was constrained to seek the intervention of the High Court.
The BJP had initially clarified the stand said; the party received the necessary permission for the meeting, which took place "not inside the facility as claimed".
Please Wait while comments are loading.
- Amber Alert Activated After Mother, 1-Year-Old Abducted from Porterville
- BidaskClub Downgrades Qorvo, Inc. (QRVO) to Hold
- Les Etats-Unis vont bientôt tester l'interception d'un IRBM par le THAAD
- Police shoot man, woman at Melbourne club
- Ryan says delay on health care doesn't jeopardize tax reform
- Secretary of Defense On North Korea: "Our Defenses Right Now Are Sufficient"
- Rooney Mara 'grossed out' by pie
- 'Rocket League' has a huge update
- Land Dispute near India-China-Bhutan Tri-Junction
- The Stifel Nicolaus Increases ProLogis, Inc. (PLD) Price Target to $60.00