The organizers said in a statement they had chose to continue with the music program for "security reasons" and offered their condolences to the man's family.
In a tragic final Facebook post, written on Thursday, he posted a picture of him with his British boyfriend, writing: "I can't wait to see my lovely boyfriend".
His sister confirmed his death online, writing: "To all the friends of my brother Pedro Aunion Monroy".
Spaniard Pedro Aunion Monroy, 42, was performing in a suspended cage at the Mad Cool festival in Madrid shortly before Green Day were to take the stage on Friday night (7 July). "A very courageous artist named Pedro lost his life tonight in a tragic accident", the band tweeted early Saturday.
"Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends". I'm sorry to tell you that he died today.
The organizers of the Mad Cool Festival said they were "saddened by the bad accident", but gave no explanation as to how it had happened.
Ablakwa rubbishes Adwoa Safo's claim on Kwabenya SHS
Out of the 200 it meant to build, the World Bank funded and completed 23, one of which was the Dome Kwabenya SHS. Ablakwa stated that the school was part of Former President Mahama's 200 SHS project for the whole country.
"We just got off stage at Mad Cool Festival to disturbing news. We are torn apart".
Mr Aunion Monroy was a highly experienced and well-respected dancer.
"We offer our honest condolences to the dead man's family".
He had been living in the United Kingdom with his British partner working as director of performing arts company In Fact based in Brighton, Porstlade. "Our thoughts go out to those affected", it read.
"Tomorrow Saturday 8, during the festival, we will render a heartfelt tribute to the artist".
- South Africa ruling party votes to downgrade ties with Israel
- New Game + et nouveaux trophées sur le dernier patch — Horizon Zero Dawn
- KapStone Paper and Packaging Corporation (KS), Select Medical Holdings Corporation (SEM)
- US Mint worker leaves noose for black colleague
- Mauritius robbers 'smother' British woman at home with her son
- Hubble captures image of 'hidden galaxy'
- Somewhat Favorable News Coverage Likely to Affect Diebold, (DBD) Stock Price
- The Greenbrier Companies (GBX) Earns Media Impact Rating of 0.10
- Hundreds of VA officials fired since Trump's inauguration
- Russian Federation increases USA spying efforts following 2016 election meddling