"That has been my dream since I was 15 and they picked me up and that's not going to change".
Red Bull team boss Christian Horner is not particularly happy with Carlos Sainz putting himself in the shop window for the 2018 season. "We have an option on him for next year and the year after, so he'll be in a Toro Rosso again next year".
"He's under contract", Horner told Sky F1.
The Spaniard has been linked with a move away from Toro Rosso as a result of his performances but a promotion to Red Bull appears unlikely, with Daniel Ricciardo and Max Verstappen in possession of those seats.
"He only got a chance in Formula One because of Red Bull investing in him in the junior years".
"We're very clear on what our drivers and who our drivers are for next year, which are the same numbers that are on the auto this year".
Horner also said it would be very unlikely for Red Bull to loan out its driver to another team, with Renault a possible candidate to take on Sainz.
Annual House Price Growth Eased to 2.6% in June
During April to June, house prices fell 0.1 percent from previous three months. This development is likely to have weakened market activity, believes Halifax.
"It's a little disingenuous of him to be making comments like that when a lot of investment goes into these guys to give them the opportunity".
"Without Red Bull, he wouldn't be sitting in an F1 car" concluded Horner.
"I can't imagine that scenario".
Horner added that Red Bull would not consider loaning Sainz to engine partner Renault, believing Toro Rosso to be the best place for his development to continue.
Toro Rosso, established as a feeder team for Red Bull, has a history of moving young drivers upwards or out.
Sainz's ultimate aim is to be driving for Red Bull, but Horner also confirmed that the opportunity would not be there for him next season.
"Well, we had good competition, absolutely, and I like competition but I don't know how it is with the other contracts and stuff so we need to wait and see", Verstappen said. "I don't know which team".
- RED met des hologrammes dans son nouveau smartphone
- Shares Trading up at $18.30 (SXCP) SunCoke Energy Partners, LP Announces…
- De nombreuses femmes n'ont pas accès aux soins — Précarité
- Oasis Petroleum Inc. (OAS) Downgraded by BidaskClub to "Strong Sell"
- 3 injured in first bull run in Pamplona, Spain
- Google gives journalists money to use artificial intelligence in reporting
- Russian opposition leader Navalny released from jail
- Marco Verratti 'Wants' Move, Says Josep Maria Bartomeu
- Donald Trump se prend un vent par la première dame polonaise [Vidéo]
- Captain Marvel sauvera le monde aux côtés de… Nick Fury !