The American Red Cross has issued an emergency call for blood donations in central Kentucky citing a "critical" supply shortage.
The Red Cross says in a news release that there have been 61,000 fewer donations than needed over the last two months. Schools are not in session and blood drives are less frequent.
Your support can help ensure that blood products are there for trauma victims, premature babies, patients going through cancer treatment and others who rely on the generosity of volunteer donors. In a recent survey of Red Cross blood donors, more than 73 percent indicated vacation plans this summer, many of them occurring the weeks before and after Independence Day. Almost 650 fewer blood drives are held the week of July 4 than during an average week, according to Red Cross statistics.
Almost 700 fewer blood drives were held the week of July 4th than an average week - That's the equivalent of the Red Cross not collecting blood donations at any blood drives for more than an entire day.
The Comcast Corporation (CMCSA) Shares Bought by Eqis Capital Management Inc
The stock of Ferrellgas Partners, L.P. (NYSE:FGP) has "Neutral" rating given on Wednesday, August 24 by Janney Capital. The stock of Microsemi Corporation (NASDAQ:MSCC) has "Buy" rating given on Thursday, January 14 by Suntrust Robinson.
The American Red Cross has more about blood donation. One of the reasons people admit to never giving blood is their fear of needles - a fear that many Red Cross donors have overcome.
Every two seconds, someone in the US needs blood. "It's not hard - you can do this!" The Red Cross must collect almost 14,000 blood donations every day for patients at approximately 2,600 hospitals across the country.
Eligible individuals of all blood types are needed to make an appointment to give today by using the Red Cross Blood Donor App, visiting redcrossblood.org or calling 1-800-REDCROSS (1-800-733-2767).
- J&K: Jawan with AK-47 goes missing from his camp
- Ready to record statement but JIT hasn't contacted: Qatari Prince
- In 'Rare' Move, Judge in Philando Castile Case Writes to Jurors
- Horrifying cries for help as Wimbledon contender collapses
- Priyanka Chopra in Paris is all about romance and fairytale moments
- Your Shadow of Mordor Nemesis Is Following You Into Shadow of War
- Manchester United 'to turn to Borussia Dortmund's Julian Weigl'
- Microsoft Corporation (MSFT) To Slash Up To 3000 Jobs
- Shah Rukh Khan gifts Salman Khan a luxury auto
- DeMar DeRozan gets Canadian NBA 2K18 cover