Durant's pay cut essentially foots the bill for Shaun Livingston's new annual salary of $8 million and ensured that Andre Iguodala (who has reportedly agreed to a three-year, $48 million deal) would not be lowballed for his contributions to the organization. Gibson was traded to Oklahoma City by the Bulls last season.
However, the Warriors will need to be creative with their remaining roster spots because they've paid yet another key player.
Thompson is scheduled to become a free agent following the 2018-2019 season, and he could be the odd man out.
Lowry announced his decision on The Players' Tribune, saying his son's reaction to the news that they were staying in Toronto was that they now need to get a bigger house. Warriors general manager Bob Myers also said the team would finalize a contract with Young once the free agency moratorium period concludes Thursday.
HUGE fire sparks mass evacuation as thousands feared in danger
The Peak 2 wildfire broke out in the White River National Forest in Summit County around 3:30 p.m., FOX 31 Denver reported . Red, White & Blue Fire Protection District urges residents not to call 911 unless it's an emergency.
Miles on the other hand, has had a stable role in IN as the sixth man of the team, but wants more than the room exception for his services. The 28-year-old played a huge role this season in leading Golden State to its second National Basketball Association championship in three years over the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Young's first big season came in 2010-11, his fourth year, when he averaged 17.4 points per game with the Wizards, playing alongside JaVale McGee. For Young, joining the Warriors would help him prove himself and re-enter the market the following season with added glow in his reputation. But the Lakers kept both players after hiring Walton. The former Sacramento King was out of OKC's price range, signing for nearly $2 million more annually than the Thunder could even offer him.
Both Iguodala and Livingston are valuable members of Kerr's bench with the duo seen as the Western Conference franchise's best bench players.
Young, who starred at Cleveland High in Reseda and USC, originally signed with the Lakers in 2013-14 and immediately felt at home. However, the Warriors aren't done making moves yet and there are several free agents they could sign. For example if they've played 10+ years they can earn 35 per cent of the $99million cap.
- Chris Christie Beach Chair Memes Go Viral & They Are Hilarious
- Nurses Keep Up Pressure For Single-Payer Bill
- Is shingles tied to heart, stroke risk?
- Most Recent Stock Movements: Brookdale Senior Living Inc. (BKD)
- Oscar-nommed Annette Bening to head Venice Film Festival jury
- 'Flight's full': United takes toddler's seat, resells it to standby passenger
- Fewer pets show up at animal shelters after 4th of July fireworks
- Vladimir Putin's face appears in farmer's field
- Mattel, Inc. (MAT) Given Consensus Recommendation of "Hold" by Brokerages
- Scotland's economy now performing four times better than rest of UK