It sounds unbelievable, but it's true.
The San Francisco Giants conclude their MLB baseball interleague series at the Detroit Tigers on Thursday.
Ty Blach carried a three-hit shutout into the seventh inning of his final first-half start and owned a 5-0 lead when the Tigers got three more hits to start the inning and scored twice on a Victor Martinez single. The Tigers are slated to send Anibal Sanchez to the hill for his 4th start of the season in the series finale' versus San Francisco.
Once Blach departed, the seventh inning became a bullpen nightmare.
Canadiens sign Alex Galchenyuk to 3-year, $14.7 million contract, per report
He missed almost six weeks to injury this season after banging knees with the Kings' Anze Kopitar in early December. Galchenyuk recorded 17 goals and 27 assists in 61 games last season.
Steven Okert struck out pinch-hitter Alex Avila, but Cory Gearrin came on and walked Jose Iglesias. Manager Bruce Bochy is hopeful that Bumgarner will be back after the All-Star break, which means Blach, or 13th year veteran Matt Cain, or struggling lefty Matt Moore could be boxed out by next Saturday. With the bases loaded, Ian Kinsler hit a comebacker that bounced off Gearrin for a run-scoring single. Nick Castellanos hit a sacrifice fly to close the Giants' lead to 5-4. The issue bothered him before the game, but it got worse and he was taken out in the sixth inning.
Blach outpitched Tigers left-hander Brian Norris. The Giants used five relievers in all, with Hunter Strickland pitching the eighth and Sam Dyson finishing for his third save. The Giants dinged him for five runs in four innings with a clutch-hitting clinic.
Since then, Hernandez has been in the Pittsburgh, Miami, Kansas City, Chicago White Sox and San Francisco organizations.
The scheme worked as planned in the third inning when each singled to start the inning, Hernandez on a bunt, and both scored to give the Giants a 2-0 lead. When he recovered, he appeared to make eye contact with baserunner Kelby Tomlinson, who was caught between third and home. The pitcher reached the ball quickly and could have gotten Tomlinson at the plate. Hunter Pence followed with a two-run triple off Norris, who has lost his last three starts.
- Sen. Hassan Urges Continued Partnership with China on North Korea
- EPA proposes cutting biofuels mandate for 2018
- Ohio Lawmakers Schedule Potential Override Vote For Kasich Budget Vetoes
- Abraxas Petroleum Corporation (NASDAQ:AXAS) Climbs 6.96%
- Axis Capital Holdings Limited (AXS) Downgraded by BidaskClub to "Strong Sell"
- " "La Chine livre ses pandas " ambassadeurs " à l'Allemagne
- Lionel Messi's New Bumper Contract Could End Neymar's Future At Nou Camp
- Global Automotive Cockpit Electronics Market 2016 - Bosch, Continental, Delphi, Panasonic, Garmin, DuPont
- Global Semiconductor Device Measuring Equipment Market and Investment Analysis Report 2017
- Edison International (EIX) Downgraded by BidaskClub to Sell