It was the second such deadly fire to hit refugee encampments in eastern Lebanon this week amid soaring temperatures. On Sunday, a fire ripped through another settlement near the town of Qab Elias, also killing one person. Among those injured, seven were reported to be in critical condition.
Late Tuesday, the Army issued a statement clarifying the reasons behind the death of four Syrian nationals that were arrested after last week's attacks.
Par où passe le Tour de France le 5 juillet ?
Départ de Vittel à 13h10 (lancé à 11h20), arrivée à La Planche des Belles Filles vers 17h15 (prévision à 41 km/h de moyenne). Deux ans plus tard, l'Italien Vincenzo Nibali, vainqueur final, s'est imposé lui aussi.
A number of Syrian refugees in the northeastern border town of Arsal have asked to be transferred to a north Syrian border town with Turkey following a Lebanese Army operation in the area, The Daily Star learned Tuesday. Five suspects blew themselves up before they could be taken into custody during the raid.
Lebanon is home to more than 1.1 million Syrian refugees who fled their war-torn country since the rebellion against the government of President Bashar al-Assad erupted in March 2011, according to the United Nations Higher Commission for Refugees (UNHCR). Some 70 percent of them live in poverty, according to the global body.
- (JPM) Stock Price Traded 12.37% away from 200-Days SMA
- Pacquiao backs call for WBO review of his loss to Horn
- Kentucky Wildcats' PJ Washington leads United States of America past Italy in U19 World Cup
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Vivaldi Capital Management LLC Purchases Shares of 11499 BP plc (BP)
- Ireland Services Growth Remains Strong In June
- CNH Industrial NV (NASDAQ:CNHI) Receiving Somewhat Favorable Press Coverage, Analysis Finds
- Penn State suing former defensive coordinator Bob Shoop for $891856
- Nkunku vers un prêt — PSG
- Ses deux enfants placés sous le statut de témoin assisté — Affaire Fillon