European antitrust regulators have appointed a panel of experts to give another opinion on their case against Google's Android mobile operating system, two people familiar with the matter told Reuters. The announcement concluded a seven-year investigation by the EC, but Google said it disagreed with the ruling and is considering an appeal.
European Commissioner Margrethe Vestager said past year that Google had "pursued an overall strategy on its devices to protect and expand its dominant position in mobile and internet search".
The move by the European Union competition authority, which hit the company with a 2.4 billion euro ($2.7 billion) penalty for unfairly favouring its shopping service last month, could pose a bigger risk for the world's most popular internet search engine because of Android's huge growth potential.
But a further fine could pose a bigger risk for the tech giant because of Android's huge growth potential.
Commission spokesman Ricardo Cardoso and Google both declined to comment.
When Bigg Boss 10's Nitibha Kaul met Suhana Khan -See Photos
She shared a picture of the gang and wrote, "Monday Night with @khushboobawa @ahujaraghav suhana khan". The Delhi based girl, who created headline a year ago with the show was spotted partying with Suhana.
GOOGLE could face a second record fine from European Union regulators later this year.
The EU competition enforcer said Google's tactics include requiring smartphone makers to pre-install Google Search and the Google Chrome browser in return for access to other Google apps.
Furthermore, Google was also accused of paying smartphone makers and mobile operators to install Google Search on their devices.
Google said at the time that Android was a remarkable system based on open-source software and open innovation and was good for competition and for consumers. The company is said to be calling the peer review panel - also referred to as a "devil's advocate" group - to examine the case and its findings, and ensure that they stand up to scrutiny.
It is not clear if the panel has started work yet.
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Bright Horizons Family Solutions (BFAM) Getting Favorable News Coverage, Report Shows
- Ferguson clashe Mino Raiola — Buzz
- Explosion reported at GM Detroit-Hamtramck assembly plant
- WWE Removes Paige Reference From Rap Battle Video
- Gianluigi Donnarumma accepts contract extension with AC Milan
- USA stocks open higher ahead of Fed minutes
- Kathy Griffin Questioned by Secret Service
- Girlfriend slayer guilty of killing two women five years apart
- Yuri, une affaire réglée — PSG