A teenager has been arrested after what police are calling a violent encounter with an officer in Attleboro, Massachusetts. That officer, later identified as Patrolman Joseph Daday, suffered serious injuries from the incident but is now reportedly recovering at home with his family.
Police logs also indicate that the altercation took place in the area of County and Read streets.
"Their legs were outside the vehicle". He's expected to be arraigned in his hospital room Monday.
HIV positive middle school instructional assistant accused of sexually assaulting several boys
Officers said that additional charges in the case are likely including sex offences and a first-degree assault, Berry added. Bell had worked as an instructional assistant at the middle school and as a as a track coach at La Plata High School.
Veloz allegedly put the cruiser in drive with Daday hanging from the auto. He was charged with assault and battery on a police officer, assault and battery with a unsafe weapon, carjacking, disorderly conduct and operating under the influence of drugs.
Officer Daday got a broken ankle as a result. "He was incoherent, was not responding to his commands", Campion said.
Daday approached Veloz, who was barefoot and speaking incoherently, according to documents. Which would have been: "Man intoxicated or under the influence of narcotics speeding off in a cruiser towards Pawtucket - probably wouldn't have been a good outcome", Campion said.
- Brokers Issue New Targets On SPDR S&P 500 ETF (SPY)
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Whole Foods 'chicken salad' recalled due to being tuna salad
- Comerica Bank Reduces Position in Seattle Genetics, (NASDAQ:SGEN)
- Are Analysts Bullish Tallgrass Energy GP LP (NYSE:TEGP) After Last Week?
- American Water Works (AWK) Lowered to Hold at BidaskClub
- MA Invests $7.01 Million in American Midstream Partners, LP (AMID)
- Yellen treated at London hospital over the weekend
- 'Big Brother' Contestant Megan Lowder Explains Why She Left the Show Early
- Barcelona lead race for game-changing signing, PL duo suffer major setback