BENFICA are preparing themselves for a "significant offer" for Raul Jimenez from the Premier League, according to reports in Portugal. The Mexico global featured a further 13 times from the substitutes' bench and managed to score seven times in Liga Nos, and interest in his signature has grown after an impressive Confederations Cup campaign with his country.
Jimenez managed seven Primeira Liga goals in 19 appearances for Benfica and is now on global duty with Mexico as they prepare for their final match of the Confederations Cup against Portugal in the third place play-off.
Chennaiyin FC appoint Englishman John Gregory as head coach
He had had open heart surgery five months before his departure and wanted to give his body the opportunity to properly recover. Chennaiyin FC's co-owner Vita Dani expressing her happiness said,"We are very happy to have appointed John as our head coach.
Jimenez, who was close to joining West Ham in 2015 prior to his big-money Benfica move, insists that he is unaware of any interest and is only now focused on returning to his current club in peak fitness after a fortnight at the Confederations Cup.
The 26-year old attacker scored 16 goals in all competitions for Benfica last season, and he also managed to bag 12 goals for his national team. I do not close the door to anything and we'll see later. I'm still at Benfica.
"I saw the news came out but I don't know anything", he was quoted as saying by beIN Sports. "I have a date to return to Benfica, to join the pre-season games and I'm in the club's hands".
- Pour Moussa Faki Mahamat, l'Afrique doit s'approprier sa sécurité — UA
- La météo du mardi 4 juillet : un temps chaud et ensoleillé
- China disburses $100 million to help deal with flooding
- Allergan plc (ACT) Earning Somewhat Negative Press Coverage, Analysis Finds
- Gilead Sciences, Inc. (GILD) Position Decreased by BTR Capital Management Inc
- Officer shot and suspect killed in Norfolk shooting
- United Parcel Service, Inc. (UPS) Lifted to "Hold" at BidaskClub
- Lapides Asset Management LLC Has $4597000 Stake in Ball Corporation (BLL)
- Stock on Trader's Radar: Nokia Corp (NYSE:NOK)
- Tipsy Tow partners with AAA to give drivers a safe alternative