The Dragons have urged NSW medical staff to make Tyson Frizell's long-term health a priority as the Blues hardman's fresh rib cartilage problem threatens to scuttle Laurie Daley's plans to use the same 17 for the entire series.
Frizell is unlikely to be able to train properly until later in the week - like Cordner - hampering Daley's preparations as the Blues seek to rebound from a demoralising Origin II loss.
Captain Boyd Cordner's calf is also a concern given he is yet to start running again, however it's understood he will be given until far closer to game day to prove his fitness.
New South Wales have named an unchanged line-up once more for the State of Origin decider against Queensland in Brisbane.
David Klemmer, Wade Graham, Jake Trbojevic and Jack Bird have all been named on the interchange bench, while Jack de Belin has been called up as 18th man and will join the Blues team in the training camp.
I'm ready for seven matches - Wimbledon champion Murray plays down injury concerns
When they can channel the flame into action it can fuel them, but when it blazes out of control it can consume them. The 30-year-old Scot won the Kazakh 6-1 6-4 6-2 on Centre Court, despite a hip injury which disrupted his build-up.
"He carried a rib injury into the Dragons game last week and came out of it with another injury", said Girds.
The Dragons updated their fans on Monday on the prognosis of Frizell and NSW centre Josh Dugan (quadriceps), both of whom failed to finish the Red V's loss to the Titans last Friday night.
Coach Laurie Daley has opted to stick with the same 17 for the third straight game ahead of the clash on July 12.
James Tedesco (ankle) is considered a certain starter despite not playing for the Tigers since Origin II.
"They've got a lot of (options) in (the halves) and I'm sure all of those guys in that position are in good form", Cordner said of the Cane Toads.
- Is Buying Superior Energy Services, Inc. (SPN) Here a Winning Strategy?
- Push continues on Senate health bill; repeal-only vote a possible option
- What Do Analysts Say About AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (AVEO)
- Yellen treated at London hospital over the weekend
- Comerica Bank Reduces Position in Seattle Genetics, (NASDAQ:SGEN)
- Infant mortality rate up for black babies, down for white babies
- AbbVie Inc. (NYSE:ABBV) Stock Rating Reaffirmed by Leerink Swann
- Spring Fire grows to 225 acres in Mariposa, evacuations still in effect
- Common Heartburn Meds Linked to Increased Risk of Death
- 3 Hurt After Ferry Struck by Passenger Platform — Oak Bluffs