Groundstaff next to the engine of Air Asia X flight D7207 after it was diverted to Brisbane Airport.
"I could see an orange light coming from the windows", he told Sydney Morning Herald.
'Then the plane swooped a little bit and started shaking badly, ' she told Fairfax.
AirAsia Flight D7 207 reportedly experienced an Engine 2 Failure in mid-flight shortly after take off. - Facebook screencapKUALA LUMPUR, July 4 - AirAsia X flight D7207 that departed from the Gold Coast yesterday and was supposed to arrive here was diverted to Brisbane instead following engine problems.
"Two bird remains were found on the runway", it said in a statement.
The turbulence was so severe on flight D7237 that the pilot asked passengers to pray twice.
Cheers! Locals throng bars as 77 liquor outlets re-open their doors
As part of government's liquor policy, the bars will remain open from 1100 hrs to 2300 hrs. Since the first day of every month is a dry day, the bars opened on Sunday morning at 11.
The 345 passengers and 14 crew were unharmed and landed safely just after 11.30pm on Monday.
AirAsia X CEO Benyamin Ismail said the airline is following all regulatory guidelines to ensure the safety and well-being of its guests, who are now being attended to by its ground staff.
"We would like to commend our pilot and crew members for their professionalism and swift action to reassure passengers ... and to land the aircraft safely".
Last week, another AirAsia plane was forced to make an emergency landing at Perth Airport after an engine malfunctioned on a flight heading for Kuala Lumpur.
"AirAsia X will arrange for a special flight to transport all guests on Flight D7 207 to Kuala Lumpur as soon as possible".
Malissa Siaea was travelling with her husband to Malaysia for their honeymoon when "fire sparked out of the right-side engine" less than 20 minutes into the flight. The investigation, being conducted in conjunction with engine manufacturer Rolls-Royce, is expected to take months.
- U.S. conducts second strike on al-Shabaab after Trump transfers authority
- China Biologic Products Inc
- Dan Martin gearing up for tough third stage — Tour de France
- Malaria, chikungunya on rise as monsoon sets in
- Ali Fahour speaks publicly after brutal on-field punch
- Et de 20 pour le Festival Gnaoua d'Essaouira — Maroc
- Menta Capital LLC Invests $205000 in Juniper Networks, Inc. (NYSE:JNPR)
- Sanjay Dutt's release: Maharashtra gets two weeks to justify
- Brokerages Set ConocoPhillips (NYSE:COP) Price Target at $57.54
- South Jersey racer dies in Minnesota crash