In a letter directed to state officials Wednesday, under the guise of its mandate to investigate vote fraudand 2016 election irregularities, Commission heads Kris Korbach and Vice President Mike Pence asked for suggestions on ways of improving the integrity of USA elections, while a second letter sent on the same day by the Dept. of Justice requested personal, private information on millions of registered American voters. The commission asked the states to turn over all publicly available voter data.
Commission leaders last week asked election officials in all 50 states to turn over their voter registration files with the names of the country's 215 million individual voters that, depending on the state, includes their political party affiliation, birth dates, felony conviction records, how often they have voted in past elections and private identification numbers that are used throughout the US for many financial transactions.
Contrary to President Donald J. Trump's unsubstantiated claims of widespread voter fraud, and his comments about people voting illegally in the 2016 presidential election having cost him the popular vote, not only has there been no credible proof of any such fraud, the very suggestion has actually beendisproven in several studies.
"NY refuses to perpetuate the myth voter fraud played a role in our election", tweeted Andrew Cuomo, Democratic governor of New York.
Find emojis, apply text fonts in new WhatsApp for Android version
The features may not be a massive change but will surely make your life on social media, a lot easier and faster. The feature simplifies the process of emoji hunting, and helps one find the right emoji at the right time.
President Trump slammed the recalcitrant states on Saturday, asking, "What are they trying to hide?"
Texas law prohibits the release of Social Security numbers.
Mississippi Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann, a Republican, also said his state would not comply. "Mississippi residents should celebrate Independence Day and our State's right to protect the privacy of our citizens by conducting our own electoral processes".
- Forecast: Temps near 80 with partly cloudy skies
- $10K Reward Offered for Info After Holocaust Memorial Defaced in New Jersey
- Back Again … Again: SpaceX Craft Heads for Historic 2nd Splashdown
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- ValuEngine Lowers Tata Motors Ltd (TTM) to Hold
- Savage toll of dog attacks on mail workers
- Colin Dagba signe pro au PSG
- 'Hostile' marching season atmosphere complicating talks, Sinn Féin says
- New BMW i8 Roadster Breaks Cover in New Video
- Arsenal agree second summer signing, announcement next week