The Price County Sheriff's Office reported that it received a call from air-traffic controllers at about 3:20 a.m. Saturday, reporting that a radio contact had been lost with an aircraft that dropped rapidly in altitude over Price County.
In a telephone interview late Saturday, a spokesman for the Federal Aviation Administration said that it did not appear that anyone on the ground had been injured and added that it was unknown whether any property had been damaged.
WSAW-TV said the crash victims were all adults.
Officials say when they went to the location of the crash they saw the two engine piper plane was missing two of its wings.
True meaning of the 4th of July
I knew that, although he carried a big-barreled chest, inside lived a child that came out to play with us on those two holidays. But looked at in the context of when it was written, and accepted by the Continental Congress, it was stunningly fearless .
Portions of the plane broke off and there was debris over a wide area. Seven local fire departments responded to the scene, along with the sheriff's office, ambulance crews, the county coroner and federal officials. As we gather more and more evidence, we will get a better picture of what happened.
Several pieces of the craft were not found Sunday morning.
The path of the crash led from Ramsey Road across a wooded area and creek, over a low-lying field, across Piney Hill and ended with the fuselage and passenger compartment on a hill on the north side of the road.
- More Enforcement For No-Wake Zones
- Kaspersky Offers Source Code To US Government
- L'arrêté anti-burkini validé par la cour administrative d'appel de Marseille — Sisco
- Washington lève l'interdiction des ordinateurs en cabine sur les vols d'Etihad
- " "Le jour où Neymar a eu " honte " devant Messi — FC Barcelone
- Liverpool respond to approach from Euro giants for attacker, name asking price
- Quel avenir pour Bouna Sarr — Mercato
- Google marks 140th anniversary of Wimbledon with an animated doodle
- Microsoft to unveil global layoff plan next week
- Un désespéré tente d'attaquer un militaire — Lille