In an interview to NDTV, the legendary India cricketer said, "Ravi Shastri is the front-runner to be India coach".
Ravi Shastri is the frontrunner to be the next Team India coach feels cricket legend Sunil Gavaskar.
Kohli had differences with Kumble and that resulted in the latter quitting his position.
On the other hand, the Team Manager's report about the Champions Trophy had no word of the Anil Kumble-Virat Kohli rift while Kumble had revealed with this resignation that Kohli had problems with his "style of coaching". However, Kumble, at the last minute, opted out of the trip to the Caribbean islands, saying that the relationship with captain was "untenable".
Savage toll of dog attacks on mail workers
A union and Royal Mail study has revealed that around 14,500 dog attacks have taken place over the last five years in the UK. A spokesman for the Post Office said: "This reduction in attacks is encouraging, but it is still too high".
It remains to be seen how the CAC will consider Shastri's case considering Ganguly backed Kumble over the former Indian all-rounder when the coach was picked a year ago.
The new coach will be picked by the three-man Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC) of Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly and VVS Laxman, immediately after India's tour to the West Indies.
Former India cricketers Virender Sehwag, Lalchand Rajput, Dodda Ganesh, Ravi Shastri, former Sri Lanka coach Tom Moody, former Pakistan coach Richard Pybus and ex-West Indies coach Phil Simmons have applied for the post vacated by Anil Kumble last month. After India lost in England, the BCCI asked him to come in as a team director. suddenly there was a change in the team's fortunes over a period of time.
The Indian team is now in the West Indies, playing a five-match ODI series. "It was one off day", he added further.
- "J'espère que ça va bouger" — Rudi Garcia
- Donald Trump talks about space and Buzz Aldrin's face is priceless
- Échec pour le deuxième lanceur lourd chinois Longue Marche-5
- 'Hostile' marching season atmosphere complicating talks, Sinn Féin says
- Pouille répond aux critiques de Giudicelli — ATP
- Colin Dagba signe pro au PSG
- Pulsar Suni first telephoned Nadhirshah from jail
- Sommet de l'UA: Maroc et République Sahraouie devront cohabiter
- Hawaii 5-0 (M6) : Deux acteurs principaux quittent la série
- Trump blasts states for not giving up data