Portugal are without captain Cristiano Ronaldo, who returned home to meet his newborn twin sons for the first time following the semifinal defeat.
It wouldn't have been El Tri's best finish at the Confederations Cup - they won it as hosts in 1999 - but it would have been a nice feather in the cap to take home.
NBA: Ibaka reste à Toronto
Mais, à l'image de ses coéquipiers, il est resté sans réponse face à Cleveland au tour suivant où ils ont été battus 4 à 0. Son duo avec DeMar DeRozan repartira donc en campagne dès la saison prochaine dans une Conférence Est très affaiblie.
Luis Neto, of Russian club Zenit St. Petersburg, could also come into the starting team in defense, while youngster Gelson Martins and Pizzi could also feature at Spartak Stadium on Sunday.
The wise move would be to rest Silva, with the match having little importance after both Portugal and Mexico missed out on the final, which will be contested by Germany and Chile.
Mexico's goalie, Guillermo Ochoa came to their rescue early in the match when he saved Andre Silva's penalty kick. Rui Patricio produced a sharp stop to deny Javier Hernandez, Mexico's all-time leading scorer, from close range on the half hour, but the Portugal keeper was beaten shortly after the break.
But Ochoa was beaten in the first minute of injury timeas Pepe lunged to get on the end of Ricardo Quaresma's curlingright-wing cross to force extra time. "We put them under pressure late in extra time but failedto level again, like we did in our first meeting here".
- Bus bursts into flames after collision in Germany, 17 unaccounted for
- Size Model Calls Out Man Who Fat Shamed Her On Flight
- La dernière lubie de Jean-Luc Mélenchon : s'offrir un journal ?
- IPhone prices in India down by 7.5 per cent
- Washington lève l'interdiction des ordinateurs en cabine sur les vols d'Etihad
- Mel B accused of wiping out Spice Girls fortune
- Londonderry security alert a 'hoax'
- Blac Chyna announces that she's both single and happy
- Lions have 'poked the bear', says Gatland
- Marché automobile français : son accélération dépasse les prévisions