Microsoft's sales groups has been in flux since the former COO Kevin Turner departed. These changes are expected to be announced later this week.
The reorganization looks to be a result of a change of leadership this past year.
As part of the layoffs, Microsoft plans to merge parts of its enterprise customer business with its small-and-medium-enterprise business unit, according to TechCrunch, citing a source with knowledge of the downsizing. A Microsoft spokesman declined to comment.
Microsoft is gearing up to lay off thousands of employees worldwide in order to reorganize its sales force, reported TechCrunch.
Liverpool respond to approach from Euro giants for attacker, name asking price
Coutinho scored 13 goals in 31 league appearances for Liverpool last season to help the club qualify for the Champions League. He probably won't be in a title race with Liverpool next season, but he will with PSG or Barca.
The move follows a number of organizational changes introduced in January affecting Microsoft's sales and marketing teams.
Althoff has already publicly criticized the previous sales approaches of the company and he is also keen on making Azure the centre of focus.
The company's sales staff has been trained for many years to sell standalone software. Furthermore, a filing from July 28 2016 stated that: "In addition to the elimination of 1,850 positions that were announced in May 2016, approximately 2,850 roles globally will be reduced during the year as an extension of the earlier plan, and these actions are expected to be completed by the end of fiscal year 2017". Executives Judson Althoff and Jean-Philippe Courtois supervised Microsoft's sales and marketing divisions following the exit of long-serving COO Kevin Turner a year ago.
- Myanmar migrant workers flee Thailand after new labour law
- La dernière lubie de Jean-Luc Mélenchon : s'offrir un journal ?
- China, Hong Kong Launch Long-Awaited 'Bond Connect' Scheme
- True meaning of the 4th of July
- Lions have 'poked the bear', says Gatland
- Bus bursts into flames after collision in Germany, 17 unaccounted for
- ASUS' 'Zenfone' smartphones now available at exciting prices
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Three Big Brother nominations announced
- Londonderry security alert a 'hoax'