Over the weekend, Gerry Adams said it was very unlikely a deal would be reached over the weekend.
Sinn Fein has blamed Theresa May's deal with the Democratic Unionist Party for the failure to restore power-sharing in Northern Ireland, as another crisis looms.
Mr Murphy said: "We don't see any urgency in terms of the DUP approach to this and we don't expect and don't think it is likely that there will be a deal in the short term because there is that lack of urgency".
"There is no agreement on Acht na Gaeilge, the Bill of Rights, marriage equality, respect, anti-sectarian measures or legacy issues".
'Hostile' marching season atmosphere complicating talks, Sinn Féin says
If that is genuinely his thinking, for all Sinn Fein's tough talk the party's choice would appear to be either going back to Stormont without getting all of their demands or sacrificing the strategic route to a united Ireland.
Reflecting on the upcoming Twelfth of July, the mainstay of the loyal order marching season, he added: "We are in the weird situation, I'm sure it's unique to here, that over the summer time we have to break because the atmosphere becomes too hostile for political negotiations".
He said that during the Twelfth of July, the mainstay of the loyal order marching season, "the atmosphere becomes so hostile that the DUP are even less likely to move on some of these issues".
James Brokenshire is due to address the House of Commons in the afternoon - and can either extend the negotiations, call an election or introduce direct rule.
Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
C’est également le cas de l’attaquant de Liverpool Christian Benteke. C’est ce que vous découvrirez dans cet article.
- Bankrate (RATE) Given News Impact Rating of 0.53
- Obamacare: Trump tweets repeal now, replace later
- Red Dead Redemption 2: 12 Screenshots You Need To See
- Murder investigation launched following man's death in Grays
- Porsche 911 GT2 RS launched at 2017 Goodwood FoS
- First and Twelfth Time Lords to Join Forces This Year
- Arsenal agree second summer signing, announcement next week
- West Ham hold talks about signing Javier Hernandez from Bayer Leverkusen
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE:WMT) Position Increased by Wheatland Advisors Inc
- Sony Modifies Xbox One X Anthem Footage With PS4 Buttons